One Piece Treasure Cruise Global and Japanese Versions Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sword Art Online – Crowdfunding campaign spotted for unofficial game

Go down

Sword Art Online – Crowdfunding campaign spotted for unofficial game      Empty Sword Art Online – Crowdfunding campaign spotted for unofficial game

Post by Walnootje Sat Mar 14 2015, 03:09

This is a news article from MMO Culture.

Well, it just had to happen some day. A campaign for a “Free To Play Sword Art Online MMO” was spotted recently on, Indiegogo, led by a group of supposed North American developers and headed by an “experienced” programmer. The campaign is set to “Flexible Funding”, which means the “team” gets whatever is contributed even if it fails to hit the goal.

While I understand there is still clamor and hype for a Sword Art Online MMORPG, this sort of unlicensed fan product, even if it is real, will just get everyone involved in big trouble. With virtual reality being much-discussed at game conventions since last year, with Sony’s Morpheus and Facebook’s Oculus Rift, perhaps Sword Art Online is not really that far away as we imagined.

cinderboy

Now as much as we love/hate the SAO franchise pretty sure what the kickstarter doing isn't allowed and he actuely admits he don't own a License for it. He said he will use the money to buy a License to make the game but, he didn't even talked this over with the copyright owners and has no clue how much it even cost. His goal is 5M dollars in 59 days seems like a scam to me. And as far i know off Bandai Namco owns the right to make/publish SAO games.

What do you guys think?

link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/free-to-play-sword-art-online-mmo
Walnootje
Walnootje

Back to top Go down