One Piece Treasure Cruise Global and Japanese Versions Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help building a team for upcoming Garp event

4 posters

Go down

Need help building a team for upcoming Garp event Empty Need help building a team for upcoming Garp event

Post by Ivotas Wed Sep 09 2015, 14:31

Hey guys, after I failed badly with the Monster Chopper event today (couldn't even make it past round one) I figured that my Vivi/Laboon combo (consisting of those Laboon Lv 7, 4 Lobsters and Friend Vivis) might not be enough to make it to Garp. So I really need some good feedback on what team else to build to stand a chance to net me a Garp. Here's what I have:

Spoiler:

Btw, since I suck at getting perfect hits, Gear 3rd Luffy teams are no option for me. Which is the reason why I'm not leveling my Luffy up. So if there's any good recommendations for other teams that would help me get to and through Garp, I'd be really grateful. Thanks in advance.

Ivotas

Back to top Go down

Need help building a team for upcoming Garp event Empty Re: Need help building a team for upcoming Garp event

Post by misterskippy Wed Sep 09 2015, 21:45

Ivotas sorry to hear that, I failed on my first 40 stamina attempt too (bad luck with the first mob), but made it on my 2nd attempt. He also dropped when I did the 30 stamina version right after that to get the rainbow gem.

have you seen this write up?

http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/clash-vice-admiral-garp.html

To everyone else: I'm also curious about Garp -- can he be beat with a Vivi+Laboon team? In reading the writeup on the fan blog it certainly seems like it is.

misterskippy

Back to top Go down

Need help building a team for upcoming Garp event Empty Re: Need help building a team for upcoming Garp event

Post by Revarius Thu Sep 10 2015, 00:53

I think you have two options.

Try a double vista and see if you can beat Garp with an INT team - now I don't know if you're strong enough though.

OR

You could try power up your Vivi to a good level - 70+. Get a Pell friend.

The problem with Laboon is that it limits the amount of hp you can get.

A Pell on the other hand gives much more leeway in terms of health. Only need 30% instead of 50% for his 4* form - 900 odd HP compared to about 650 but more room to put in stronger guys.

You were forced to use Lobsters, I used stronger units against Monster Chopper because I had more health to work with. My Arlong helped a lot because of his high attack.

The difficulty you'll have is because you've powered up a lot of units fitting a good team won't be easy. Plus you'll need a good Vivi lvl to make it work.

Haven't tried Garp but I am going to use the Vivi+Pell team.

Revarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivotas Thu Sep 10 2015, 14:55

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, the units to use next to Laboon and Vivi are the problem. I really don't have much options there, which is why I used Lobsters.

My friends all have very high level Vivis, so when I'm taking on single opponents I never go down. However if I'm taking on several guys then I'm pretty much toast as Laboons skill is only useful against a single opponent.

Thanks for the advice with Vivi and Pell but I'll be very busy starting tomorrow so I doubt I'll be able to level up Vivi in time for such a team. Will still try though.

I nothing else helps, I'll try the Lobster team again. As I said, it worked wonders against Mihawk so it's not like it's a 100% failure.^^

Ivotas

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkaizoku Sat Sep 12 2015, 11:23

i had beat him with a low level vivi i think she healed up like 1000 hp

i used a crew of lobsters and crabs took me 169 turns i was hitting like for 12k damage each turn

kingkaizoku

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivotas Sun Sep 13 2015, 04:08

kingkaizoku wrote:i had beat him with a low level vivi i think she healed up like 1000 hp

i used a crew of lobsters and crabs took me 169 turns i was hitting like for 12k damage each turn
Really? That's good to know. I don't care how many turns it'll take me (though I'll surely chew on these words when I get that far) just as long as I make it to Garp. The Monster Chopper Clash really was a bummer since the first round goons totally cleaned house with me. Really wouldn't like to go through such a thing again. I need a Garp to make farming for Crocodile (my favorite character) easier. Also to finally have a playable Psy team.^^

So thanks for your reply. I'll go with the Lobster team then.^^

Ivotas

Back to top Go down

Post by misterskippy Mon Sep 14 2015, 13:01

Any luck Ivotas?

I ended up doing Vivi (lvl 85 friend) +Laboon with this crew --

Need help building a team for upcoming Garp event PhhApww

Seemed to be easier than even the Mihawk or Chopper raids, almost guaranteed in fact just the ways the mobs are set up, as long as you don't do anything stupid.

misterskippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivotas Mon Sep 14 2015, 16:08

misterskippy wrote:Any luck Ivotas?

I ended up doing Vivi (lvl 85 friend) +Laboon with this crew --

Need help building a team for upcoming Garp event PhhApww

Seemed to be easier than even the Mihawk or Chopper raids, almost guaranteed in fact just the ways the mobs are set up, as long as you don't do anything stupid.

Yep, got it on my first try. Just took me ages but I managed to make it through the entire Clash without spending a single Gem. Had just level 7 Laboon and four Lobsters (of course everything but a Int Lobster^^). So glad that Garp is mine now.

Ivotas

Back to top Go down

Post by misterskippy Mon Sep 14 2015, 19:50

Congrats Ivotas!

misterskippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivotas Tue Sep 15 2015, 05:58

Thanks a bunch mate. Turned out that Mihawk and Garp were really easy to get. Doesn't really bother to have not gotten Monster Chopper as I'm pretty much very happy with my Str-Team (my main team) as it is, so I actually wouldn't have any use for him.

Funny though that Mihawk and Garp are dozen times easier to get then friggin' Crocodile. I swear this double drop rate is a bad joke. It's weeks that I'm trying to get him and he just won't drop. Sad

Ivotas

Back to top Go down

Post by Revarius Tue Sep 15 2015, 08:30

Well done Ivotas and misterskippy

Vivi-Pell combo made Garp a piece of cake.

I took Mihawk with me too - really reduced the amount of time.

Now need to try and strengthen PSY units to take on Zephyr though I doubt I will be ready for him.

You're looking for Crocodile. I am going to try for Mr2. He's meant to go really well with Garp's special.

Revarius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkaizoku Tue Sep 15 2015, 10:04

it would be better to farm crocodile over mr 2
mr 2 and garp only works good if garps special is at a low level like 17 
to make good use of them.
crocodile is a good unit with good stats when you evolve him to a slasher and his special is not that bad.

i got my crocodile on half stamina but i took me a lot of trys

kingkaizoku

Back to top Go down

Post by misterskippy Tue Sep 15 2015, 10:10

Is Crocodile a tougher drop than Vivi? I thought Zeff, Smoker, and Broggy/Dorry were tough until I tried for Vivi.

misterskippy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkaizoku Tue Sep 15 2015, 10:48

well for me vivi dropped easily 
crocodile took me like 40 times 
i wanted him to farm the most
but it felt like it was easy too

i tried a lot more times to farm mr 3 and dorry or broggy the int one
but i cant get my hands on them 
now im tryin for mr 2 mr 1 and miss doublefinger but no drops

kingkaizoku

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivotas Tue Sep 15 2015, 16:27

Yeah, the Crocodile drop rate is really annoying to me at least. Out there I see so many people with Crocodile so I thought it was rather easy to get him especially during double drop rate, but unfortunally that doesn't seem to be the case for me.

Of all the times I farmed him, only once did he drop something (which was money). Other than that, nothing. No colas, money or he himself.

I know that he's not really a must have character stats wise but he is by far my favorite OP character so of course I want him badly. I have a huge load of elder and daimyo turtles aswell as pigs ready just to use for him. If only he would drop.^^

Ivotas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down