One Piece Treasure Cruise Global and Japanese Versions Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Building Tips? :)

4 posters

Go down

Team Building Tips? :) Empty Team Building Tips? :)

Post by Hannelore94 Sat Nov 28 2015, 00:38

Hello Smile

I was hoping to get some tips re team building for OPTC.

I'm up to the (current) last Island but I don't think that I'm a very efficient or good player and would greatly appreciate some suggestions.

It probably speaks volumes that I genuinely have NO IDEA how it would have been possible to complete most levels without the use of Princess Vivi with her healing ability. Most of my battles tend to be drawn out as I keep quickly replenishing health, so when it comes to things like the current rankings challenge where only INT characters are allowed, I'm hopeless  Embarassed

I'll try to post up screenshots of the characters that I have Smile (new device = hopeless me!)

EDIT: Screenshots of character box are further down the page because I couldn't seem to edit this original post on my phone when I posted

Last edited by Hannelore94 on Wed Dec 16 2015, 18:47; edited 1 time in total

Hannelore94

Back to top Go down

Team Building Tips? :) Empty Re: Team Building Tips? :)

Post by Hannelore94 Sat Nov 28 2015, 00:40

Last edited by Hannelore94 on Sat Nov 28 2015, 00:44; edited 1 time in total

Hannelore94

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannelore94 Sat Nov 28 2015, 00:43

EDIT: Well, that didn't quite work  Embarassed Sorry...

I'll just list the noticeable characters I have:

STR:
- Luffy Gear 2
- Voyage Dream: Great Doctor Tony Tony Chopper
- Bepo the Martial Artist
- Arm Point Tony Tony Chopper
- Enraged Arlong
- Momoo
- Chaka

DEX:
- Lion's Song Roronoa Zoro
- One Hit Namule
- Guard Point Tony Tony Chopper
- Smoker the White Hunter
- Devil Girl Nico Robin
- Trafalgar Law
- Onigumo
- Bellamy

QCK:
- Hot Rock Stew Chef Sanji
- Portgas D. Ace
- Rebel Leader Koza
- Brook
- Kamakiri
- Emporio Ivankov

PSY:
- Princess Vivi
- Red-Haired Shanks
- Morning Star Rakuyo
- Usopp Golden Pound
- Voyage Log: Straw Hat Pirates Nico Robin
- Marco
- Urouge
- Franky
- Momonga

INT:
- Thunderbolt Tempo Nami
- Voyage Dream: World Map Nami
- Lil' Vampire Tony Tony Chopper
- Extra Special Candelabra Mr 3
- Raki
- Shuru
- Tsuru

So those are what I currently have. And the team that I have managed to win most battles with so far is:
- Princess Vivi
- Luffy Gear 2
- Usopp Golden Pound
- Lion's Song Zoro
- Shanks

I adore Vivi's healing but I recognise that there are other strategies that other people seem to prefer to use, which I assume are more of a brute force kind of thing?

Luffy just seemed like a decent fighter from the start so I've kept levelling him although I was always hoping to pull a Gear 3.

Usopp's time delay ability has saved me SO OFTEN, but since I've heard that people don't recommend evolving him, I worry that his stats will be too low.

Lion Song Zoro; well, I love the high HP (at least compared to most of my other units) and I always thought his captain ability sounded like it could come in useful but only for so long.

Shanks special has come in pretty handy during big group battles although I do wonder if I wouldn't be better off aiming for an all PSY team given what units I currently have access to. And he pretty much replaced Tornado Tempo Nami once I pulled him, since her ability to strike every enemy at once with her special often helped during battles with many enemies.

So that's basically been my strategy so far.

But I don't feel like I'm utilising most of my units pretty well; more like I smooshed together a team with what seemed powerful individually at the time XD

Does anyone have any tips fgr me, especially regarding what I currently have access to? Smile

Thank you!

Last edited by Hannelore94 on Wed Dec 09 2015, 02:04; edited 1 time in total

Hannelore94

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannelore94 Wed Dec 09 2015, 02:02

I'm not sure if it makes a big difference or not, but I now have these characters as well:

STR:
- Evolved Arlong

DEX:
- Onigumo
- Bellamy

QCK:
- Emporio Ivankov

PSY:
- Momonga

INT:
- Shura
- Tsuru

None of them looked like especially good additions except for Emporio Ivankov as I was wondering if it might be easier to build a team based around his ability as I think I have at least one decent unit for DEX, INT, and QCK.

Any thoughts? Smile

Hannelore94

Back to top Go down

Post by MASI576 Sat Dec 12 2015, 07:23

So many units, there will sure be some really good teams

But the best would be if you make a picture and upload it on this site ( imgur.com ) after that you can send here the link and we can see everything Wink

Teams with Vivi can be good, but the fights are really long, so it could be much better if you use a 2x HP and 2x ATK captain (if you have a picture I can make you some teams) Wink

last important thing to say (as you already know) dont evolve Golden Pound Usopp, the stats from him arent important, only his special is
and if you evolve him, his special cooldown will rise from 15 to 20, and this 5 turns can make a big difference 
If you are able to clear the actually duck fortnight, try to get some skillbooks for Usopp and save them, they are really useful...

PS: I dont think so, but if you speak german please let me know Wink
MASI576
MASI576

Back to top Go down

Post by Revarius Mon Dec 14 2015, 07:10

Don't know why you didn't pick up Garp with the Vivi/Laboon team.

Or Mihawk or Chopper.....

Should definitely make that a priority when they come around again.

Garp and Mihawk in particular - two of the most useful units in the game.

I guess you could try a DEX team of

Zoro (capt)
Smoker
Bellamy
Law
Namule

Or

PSY team

Shanks (lead)
Urouge
Rakuyo
Franky
GP Usopp
Shanks (friend)

Haven't included Marco because he's best when you're stalling and have high HP.

Revarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannelore94 Wed Dec 16 2015, 18:20

So many units, there will sure be some really good teams

But the best would be if you make a picture and upload it on this site ( imgur.com ) after that you can send here the link and we can see everything Wink

Teams with Vivi can be good, but the fights are really long, so it could be much better if you use a 2x HP and 2x ATK captain (if you have a picture I can make you some teams) Wink

last important thing to say (as you already know) dont evolve Golden Pound Usopp, the stats from him arent important, only his special is
and if you evolve him, his special cooldown will rise from 15 to 20, and this 5 turns can make a big difference 
If you are able to clear the actually duck fortnight, try to get some skillbooks for Usopp and save them, they are really useful...

PS: I dont think so, but if you speak german please let me know Wink

Hi, MASI576! Thanks for your help Smile

I'm just working on uploading a proper image, once I figure out how to edit it so my details at the top are not showing Smile

I'm actually really happy to retire Vivi for now (well, except in rare cases) since I've been playing around with teams where my captain and friend captain boost atk (and sometimes hp) by 2-2.5x and WOW do I notice the difference! Smile 

Yep, thanks to sites like this I realised before I had a chance to evolve him that it wasn't the best idea. Actually, I haven't been using him for the storyline very recently because of the bosses negating his ability with their immunity, but MOST of the time I find him super helpful!

Hannelore94

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannelore94 Wed Dec 16 2015, 18:25

Revarius wrote:Don't know why you didn't pick up Garp with the Vivi/Laboon team.

Or Mihawk or Chopper.....

Should definitely make that a priority when they come around again.

Garp and Mihawk in particular - two of the most useful units in the game.

I guess you could try a DEX team of

Zoro (capt)
Smoker
Bellamy
Law
Namule

Or

PSY team

Shanks (lead)
Urouge
Rakuyo
Franky
GP Usopp
Shanks (friend)

Haven't included Marco because he's best when you're stalling and have high HP.

Hi, Revarius, thank you for your input Smile

I didn't pick up either Garp or Chopper because I couldn't beat them. Although I must confess I didn't put much thought into it because I had some very pressing RL issues that meant that I didn't really have any time to spend on OPTC, much as I wanted to, hehe Smile I don't know if I would have been able to beat them at that point anyhow, but if they come round again I'll definitely try to give it more of a go! 

As for Mihawk, I don't remember ever seeing him pop up. I'm not sure if I had begun playing at that point, or if I was it was at the time where I couldn't connect my device using home internet and so only had a chance to play very sparingly during uni breaks Wink Like with Garp and Chopper, if he comes round again I'll try to recruit him though.

Hannelore94

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannelore94 Wed Dec 16 2015, 18:30

Team Building Tips? :) 1pi1d0

Hannelore94

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannelore94 Wed Dec 16 2015, 18:31

edited because phone double-posted the same image as above  Embarassed

Last edited by Hannelore94 on Wed Dec 16 2015, 18:37; edited 1 time in total

Hannelore94

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannelore94 Wed Dec 16 2015, 18:34

Team Building Tips? :) 2n72kag

Sorry, my phone didn't seem to want to put both images in the same post  Embarassed

Anyway, so probably my best addition since I last posted is Jinbei. I got FOUR Buggy's last Sugo fest, but at least I got Jinbei too XD He's a few levels away from being able to evolve too.

Laboon dropped during the Kraken one the other day, so I guess it's now possible to try one of those Vivi/Laboon teams that people often mention in regards to Vivi teams, but I'm guessing my best bet overall would be a team that didn't include either of them...?

Kalifa dropped yesterday. I feel sort of neutral about it; I don't really know how good she is.

I was using a fighter team for most of Upper Yard, playing around with fighter characters and Namul as a team captain. Since Marco evolved he's been stronger and pretty useful in healing after all those lightning strikes.

I have a bunch of gems that I'm saving for the next Sugo Fest; obviously I can't aim for a certain rare recruit, but would there be anyone you think I should hope for in rare recruits? Smile

Thank you! Smile

Hannelore94

Back to top Go down

Post by MASI576 Thu Dec 17 2015, 00:10

At Sugo you can always hope for a legend, with their 6* evolution they are really stong (but they are really rare...) also you can hope for Luffy G3, besides the legends he is one of the stongest captains 
Really important, tomorrow will Mihawk come back, try to get him at least one time, better would be if you farm and save him until double skill up event (next week), but that can need really much time...

You can try a team like this 
You can try something like this, Gear 2 with a Gear 3 friend, Golden Pound Usopp and your best STG units or you use a Vivi/Laboon team, but this team will have a really long fight (because that team has some condition, so you cant take your strongest units...)
MASI576
MASI576

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannelore94 Thu Dec 17 2015, 22:38

Thanks, I'll try it ☺ I also just got Mihawk, maybe help with slasher team?

Hannelore94

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannelore94 Thu Dec 17 2015, 22:39

Thanks, I'll try it ☺ I also just got Mihawk, maybe help with slasher team?

Hannelore94

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkaizoku Fri Dec 18 2015, 01:10

you should build shlasher teams in the way you need it for example if its a quick fortnight you gonna use your dex shlashers like law and zoro for Story mode i always use a rainbow shlasher team like
a double mihawk lead as supporters mr 3 as delayer and koza as atk booster and to complete the rainbow arlong as str slasher  and shanks as psy slasher

kingkaizoku

Back to top Go down

Post by Revarius Sat Dec 19 2015, 02:44

You have a Pell and a Vivi and you're telling me you can't beat Garp or Chopper?

It's slow but if done right = guaranteed win.

Pell is better than laboon when upgraded but keep him at lvl 1.

I still recommend a DEX team but take out Namule put in Mihawk if you have the cost.

Revarius

Back to top Go down

Post by MASI576 Sat Dec 19 2015, 06:37

Garp is easy with Pell/Vivi, but I wasnt able to beat MC with my second account, because the STG enemies in the first stage had to much defense...
But yeah, the account was Level 30, so I hadnt any useful units...
MASI576
MASI576

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down