One Piece Treasure Cruise Global and Japanese Versions Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiplayer competitions

4 posters

Go down

Multiplayer competitions Empty Multiplayer competitions

Post by DayPirates Tue Mar 17 2015, 12:48

The game system is not designed for multiplayer battles, but I think they can still design multiplayer competitions.
All the Yonkou's have alliances...looks like Luffy will too...so I think this fits well with the story.
Within a certain number of rounds/time/whatever, you could compete for single damage output, total damage output, number of consective perfects, number of cola's found, most damage tanked, fastest time cleared, whatever. I'm sure the devs can think of something fun and less abusable. In these types of competitions, it's best if there are some events that are balanced for all levels instead of being dominated entirely by the top power gamers.
Gems will help speed things up but not give you an unfair power advantage.

For example, you compete with another alliance to find treasures on a new island. Some ppl need to take out the guardians. Some ppl need to break open the treasure chest by hitting 6x perfects for 3 rounds, you need to sacrifice 3 sea ponies to summon the boss, etc

The only other mobile game I play is clash of clans. I think clan wars really saved CoC, even though they still make a shit ton of money before they implemented clan wars ($0 total from me Smile. I currently ONLY play clan wars, and I war every day. I dont even raid anymore because it feels lame to steal so much gold/elixir from so many unknown guys only to increase 1 wall by 1 level.

Treasure cruise has the collectibility thing going, so there will always be new random things to collect, and that will keep the game going. However, I think they should add some non-farming features to make the game more engaging.

Also, when you have alliances, you can maybe assign a backup captain so that your clan mates can pick which of your captains they want to use.

DayPirates

Back to top Go down

Multiplayer competitions Empty Re: Multiplayer competitions

Post by OnePunchMan Tue Mar 17 2015, 15:08

I can see this happening in the near future.

OnePunchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathless950 Wed Mar 18 2015, 22:30

Multiplayer functions improve mobile gaming tremendously. If the devs made a guild function that would really be something neat. I could see it working even with the given fighting system currently. They would just need to set up rules for converting crew members into AI.

You could say have a defense crew, that other people could attack. Could be neat.
Deathless950
Deathless950

Back to top Go down

Post by ESTEBANX Thu Mar 19 2015, 06:30

I played "Rage of Bahamut" for a long time and they had a nice system. You did "story" like here, more or less (eventhough you cant really compare the games) and then there were special events occasionally.

It would start really easy off, consuming only a little amount of Stamina. Then, bosses and staminaconsumption got higher as you progress. Finishing the whole event would give you access to some prices (lower cards, equivalent to devil fruits) and then the total score of your guild and yourself would place you in two different rankings. Finishing higher up, the prices get better. Of course, those were only players that would invest money to get the stamina up. Furthermore you had eventdrops like "event-devil fruits" that you could only use for stamina.

Let me give you some background. The "devil fruit"-equivalent was used for stamina only, but you can trade in the game. So that was like the ingame currency. The eventdrops were nontradeable, so you would end up consuming them anyways, but you could safe them up far later events as well.

So, all in all: Events like halloween, christmas, eastern etc. and others with unique drops for a limited time that stopped your progress in story and made you go really hard on the event, pushed the purchase of "devil fruits" and made people go nuts. Furthermore, it was really nice to play in teams. For example, you would build a team around 3 cards and have 2 mates with you that use their best card to fight. So you would always come online the same time to go further and further.

I know, that we don't have a trading system. For "Rage of Bahamut" they had a cap. You could not trade before level 20 or 30 or something. With a cap like that (or 50, no problem) Bandai would not have problems with people creating accounts for 2 gachas and then trade, because you would have to spend a lot of time before you could enter the market.

I think, a system like that would really be great to have guilds or players trading and making the most out of their draws and building their dreamteam.

Someone knows if Bandai is considering something like that? I think, this would really bring the game to a new stage.

ESTEBANX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down