One Piece Treasure Cruise Global and Japanese Versions Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Non-Money Spending Account?

+3
ChrisTheOnly
pank
Thetimelord123
7 posters

Go down

Best Non-Money Spending Account? Empty Best Non-Money Spending Account?

Post by Thetimelord123 Wed Apr 15 2015, 20:06

So been playing OPTC ever since its initial global release, and I must admit the game has never failed to surprise me.
Been through alot also, got Shanks on second ever pull, farmed Arlong ch 15 150 times+, got my account hijacked, restarted new account...

All this time though, I have never felt the need to buy rainbow gems. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some cheapskate who would rather save up the little gems I have for a sugofest, it's just with all the gems Bandai has provided, it was kinda unnecessary. The only reason I would have even considered buying gems was to get faster stamina refills.

Now here's my question, how many of you who have spent little to no money on OPTC are happy with your current account and are satisfied with the pulls you already have? This has been bothering me for a while now, since most people with 5 or more premium units all spent at least 100 dollars or more, but does any of you who didn't spend money also have good pulls?

Right now, my brother and I have two accounts which we share between us, and here's what we got:

Intelligence Team Burst Account:
Fine Tempo Nami
Ms. All Sunday
Dial Usopp
Mr. 3
Mr. 5

Gear 3 Account:
Balloon Luffy
Ms. Goldenweek
Mr. 3
Ms. All Sunday
Whitebeard
Dial Usopp
Kuro of a Thousand Plans
Fire Pearl
MH5 Don Kreig

Those are only the stuff we got from rolls, so there's a whole bunch of other farmable/boosters/evolution items not listed (eg. Rainbow pirate penguin, Cola, Elder Turtles, Hatchi, etc). Each account also has around 15 gems at the moment.

So what have you guys achieved without spending money?
Thetimelord123
Thetimelord123

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Best Non-Money Spending Account? Empty Re: Best Non-Money Spending Account?

Post by ChrisTheOnly Thu Apr 16 2015, 12:03

My free account: Chris Pirates(Lbn)
I've got 38 gems, pirate lvl 84, Going Merry lvl 6, pulls are: Six-Swords Hatchi, Impact Usopp, Goldenweek, Arlong (unevolved) [before event isle was out], Bon-chan, & 4*(evolved) Tashigi. I threw away evolved Helmeppo, 3K worlds Zoro (2x), Chu (2x). I still have an original Luffy, and a 36 Pound Phoenix Zoro that I rolled as well. I think that's it.

Char. Box at 120. Got Jet Luffy, Diable Sanji, Asura Zoro, Enraged Arlong, Zeff (maxed), Smoker (unevolved), & Kuro (unevolved). Those are all around level 50.

Other notables are Mirage Tempo Nami, Nefertari Vivi, Don Krieg(sp?)[unevolved], Buggy (evolved), Slip-Slip Alvida, GP Usopp(11 turn cd),& Laboon.

Have all punks(maxed), navy guys[maxed] (not hq ensigns), pirate leaders + assassin (lvl 30-38), Cabaji, Mohji, Kuroobi, Pearl, Gin, Siam, Butchie, Yosaku, Johnny, Bearded Bodyguard, Sunglasses Bodyguard, Django, Higuma, [Blue Pirates] Slasher Group Crew(1 turn cut def to half), Mr. 9, Coby (evolved), Gaimon, & Master of the Near Sea.

I've also got 1 red, 4 green, 1 blue, 8 yellow, & 2 purple pirate penguins; 3 rainbow robber penguins, 1 rainbow hermit crab, & a sea stallion(highest sea horse). I have some other evolver stuff as well, such as 2 green, 2 yellow, & 1 purple dragon[various crabs too].
Also have 15 purple, 1 yellow elder turtle saved up. 1 green, and 1 yellow daimyo turtle as well.

I think my account's pretty good. Opinions?

edit: I have two sets of low pirates simply because I want both Very Happy. The "reasons" to have them are the punks' low hp and high attack for Laboon + Vivi teams, and I want to get the Navy guys evolved because a few have good stats; and to use for turtle time. Although, you can use the punks for this as well, so - I guess I just want them because they seem cool to me. heh

Last edited by ChrisTheOnly on Thu Apr 16 2015, 12:18; edited 4 times in total
ChrisTheOnly
ChrisTheOnly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisTheOnly Thu Apr 16 2015, 12:19

I replied by editing my post above.
ChrisTheOnly
ChrisTheOnly

Back to top Go down

Post by DayPirates Thu Apr 16 2015, 15:40

I started just when Buggy islands began and rolled Django and Kuroobi...didn't know to reroll and kept going because the game was fun Smile 3 days in and I didn't feel like rerolling. Plus Zeff has been able to take me through all the current game content.

I usually pull 3-5 times during each new batch. Got some decent pulls in the beginning, evolved Mr3 and Ms Valentines. Eventually got a LS Zoro so I figured I'd use him and Luffy G2 for Mihawk and not bother farming Laboon.

During the most recent Sugofest I got Baloon Luffy and Marco. Super excited about both, and Marco helps immensely for expert Krieg.

Char box at 180 so that I can maximize my skills and Beli/exp usage. Still have 30+ gems leftover for the next Sugofest Smile

BTW, when all the later batches come out, I may buy a 85-gem pack to increase my char box and roll a few more. I'm not expecting to get any 6* guys, but I really do want to cover all grounds with Captain Kid/Uroge, Jimbei, a good STR/QCK (Jozu plsss)/INT captain, and a couple more utility characters. Most of the rest can be filled with event drops.

DayPirates

Back to top Go down

Post by DayPirates Thu Apr 16 2015, 15:44

pank wrote:Not bad, why have more than one set of the lowbie pirates? Only need one set of the filler dudes to clear turtles. Like the turtle storage though, I should probably save em up at some point.

I also maxed out a set of black cat pirates for turtles and as high ATK fillers (and maybe for Laboon in the future)

I also plan to evolve some of the marines. If I have free time and penguins then maybe the whole set. Some of them have good utility. The STR one converts QCK to STR, which is good for some situations. The INT admiral is a shooter version of Buggy and has better stats than Buggy.

DayPirates

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Eclisis Thu Apr 16 2015, 18:41

I've mainly farmed my characters. Probably spent about £8 on gems for stamina refills and box expansion. Successfully farmed all my best characters although Zeff if being rather elusive...
I love the strategy aspect of building a team rather than the strategy of throwing money at enimies. More of a swords and fists kinda guy but hey!

I get the whole wanting Whitebeard and Instant trolling of 30 stamina events, I really do, he's immense but I can't help but wonder if he will just be available around the Whitebeard war.

Were all in this for the long haul. This anime ain't ending anytime this decade. Give it a few years and I guarantee someone will have spent over 1k on this all for that White Moustache or indeed the dark king himself.

I must say, what a f***ing game this is.
The_Eclisis
The_Eclisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Hakiflame Fri Apr 17 2015, 07:48

i rerolled twice on sugofest and now my best acc has jozu vista marco blamenco mr 5 v2zoro+ lots of farmable stuff like arlong,laboon,hatchi. Im happy with my free acc dont have wb or g3 but some pretty good chars

Hakiflame

Back to top Go down

Post by DayPirates Fri Apr 17 2015, 10:52

pank wrote:Thread is about non-cash spending accounts :3

Don't think you can have done 3-5 pulls each batch and also have 120 char box with 30+ gems.

Haven't spent any money yet
180 char box is around 30 gems i think
I pulled a total of 12 times = 60 gems. 3 on baroque works, 5 on V2 strawhats, 4 on WB pirates
I have 35 gems left
Total around 125 gems

Free gem per day since the beginning plus login streak plus story/event clears, I think that's about right

DayPirates

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetimelord123 Sat Apr 18 2015, 06:59

The true challenge of this game is trying to find the kinks in the armour for each chapter and event, and the fun of all that is lost if you spend money on OP units. Sure, it is always exciting when you pull a Marco or Robin, but with each new good unit you pull, that's basically one less brain cell you use to figure out how to beat the game. The true feeling of satisfication comes not from what you pull, but from the knowledge that you beat the game with your own skill and planning.

I always thought that the game is largely dictated by what you pull, so that if you got a Shanks for example, you should focus on building a PSY team even if you got units such as Buggy, brain point, Mr. 3, and Kreig. While this is true to an extent, you can just as easily own without pulling any units.

I know I'm not in a position to say much, since with Whiteboard and G3 Luffy, OPTC is a piece of cake. That is why as soon as I farm a good captain like Mohawk, I'll stay as far away from WB and G3 as possible

@Daypirates, yeah I started around the same time you did, but had to make a new account (so lost the 3 easy rainbow gems for Buggy among others)
Thetimelord123
Thetimelord123

Back to top Go down

Post by Hakiflame Sat Apr 18 2015, 08:36

Guys str up is coming and I really want g3 as my best units are all different types and luffy boosts all. Should I try or no.I'm free user?

Hakiflame

Back to top Go down

Post by Hakiflame Sat Apr 18 2015, 10:31

I do have blamenco already from sugofest that's why I'm unsure

Hakiflame

Back to top Go down

Post by Hakiflame Sat Apr 18 2015, 10:37

Yea maybe I mean Hawkeye is predicted to be next week so I'll have a good lead for all my slashers like vista and arlong if I get him

Hakiflame

Back to top Go down

Post by Flayrex Sat Apr 18 2015, 11:17

I have spent zero money on the game and I have gotten the following pulls from memory. They aren't in this order, but the first two pulls I got were Shanks, and Horn Point Chopper. All in all for not spending a dime, I'm pretty happy tbh. Don't get me wrong, I want to drop coin for fruits, but I know I shouldn't lol.

Enraged Arlong
Ace 4*
Shanks 4*
Marco 4*
Tabasco Star Usopp x2
Coby x2
Mr. 2 3*
Mr. 5 3*
Cabin Boy Helmeppo 3*
Miss Valentine 4* (Evolved)
Tashigi 4* (Evolved)
Horn Point Chopper 4*
Smoker 3*
Tony Tony Chopper
Miss Goldenweek 3*
Iron Mace Alvida x2

Flayrex

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetimelord123 Sun Apr 19 2015, 17:03

Well, if I chose not to spend money I'm gonna be saving my gems not for the next Sugofest, but for the one after that (though I'll probably end up spending WAY over 10 dollars anyways).

Not that I have anything against Rayleigh, but since I already have 2 great independent captains, I'm looking more towards a stable ATK booster such as v2 Nami. Also, the Supernovas was never exactly something I am psyched up about, stats and abilities aside.

What I would really love to roll is Boa Hancock during the Shikibukai batch, for Pirate Crew's namesake, though with approximately 7-10 rolls for free, that's just dreaming. Nevertheless, with that 2.75 ATK boost to PSY and QCK units, the Pirate Empress is one unit I wouldn't want to hold back on. Even if i don't get it, there's still others like Kuma and Jembei to consider.

My problem is that by that Sugofest, too many crappy units would have been released along side the good ones. For example, while rolling for Kidd now is reasonable, rolling specifically for Jembei later is near impossible unless you spend money. There's also no indication of when that batch will come out, although my guess is in about 6 weeks.

My only consolation is, if Rayleigh does coincide with INT rate up event, then I'll consider rolling a bit. Hancock will just have to wait, lol
Thetimelord123
Thetimelord123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down