One Piece Treasure Cruise Global and Japanese Versions Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GUIDE] All about Orbs, Leader/Helper Skills, Types and Combos

Go down

[GUIDE] All about Orbs, Leader/Helper Skills, Types and Combos Empty [GUIDE] All about Orbs, Leader/Helper Skills, Types and Combos

Post by Me Wed Mar 04 2015, 01:20

Orbs Manipulation Guide: http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/team-building-concept-1-orbital.html

Hi guys. I've seen a few of your posts and videos, and realized that while you guys are doing well in the game (and enjoying yourselves which is the most important), a lot of you are not dealing optimal damage due to a lack of fundamentals. this is ok early game cos the stages are still very easy, but such habits might hurt you late game. so Seng Han Goh, Khairi Kaiyi Sumardi and me are here to share some knowledge on how to calculate additional damage multipliers, feel free to ask questions.
I've also noticed that in your beloved blog there is no mention of combo link multipliers, which is one if the most basic things you need to know in the game. instead there's a "combo" page on team attacks which is arguably the dumbest feature this game has, simply because the damage dealt is less than if you were to form a proper team.

MOST BASIC THINGS IN THIS GAME:

1) Leader Skills
the leader skill is the basis of your whole team's damage, picking a wrong leader or unsuitable sub could result in insufficient damage and you packing up early. since Arlong is a favorite amongst most of you, I will use him as an example:
Arlong lead gives all slashers in your team 2x attack. picking a non-slasher type is fine if you need their active skill (eg. Usopp), otherwise there is no point. if you partner with another Arlong (has to be FRIEND, not GUEST) you get 2x TIMES 2x, that's 4x attack for all slasher types. so if you're using Gear 2nd Luffy in your Arlong team, you're better off switching Luffy to the lead and Arlong to your sub.

2) Types
Red: does 200% to green, 50% to blue, 100% to light and dark.
Blue: does 200% to red, 50% to blue, 100% to light and dark.
Green: does 200% to blue, 50% to red, 100% to light and dark.
Light: does 200% to dark, 100% to all others.
Dark: does 200% to light, 100% to all others.
applies to enemies as well

There are 3 other things to note for types:

1) your character type
example, Arlong has 1000 attack, Zoro has 500, but the enemy is Kuro. Arlong will only deal 500 damage (50%) but Zoro will deal 1000 (200%), so base attack stats aren't everything.

2) your orb type
if the orb next to you is your element, you deal 200% for that attack. 50% if it's your opposing element, 100% for all others. that's why orb changing actives are so important late game.

3) Combo Link Multiplier
I do not know the exact breakdown, mainly because I don't miss combos so I only see 2.5x at the end... but basically the game rewards you for not missing by giving you additional damage for combos. correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's 1x for GOOD, 1.1x for GREAT and 1.3x for PERFECT compounded on top of your existing damage. so if I were to use the previous example of Arlong and Zoro vs Kuro, Zoro will deal 1000 damage times 2.5 on the last hit of a perfect combo, and Arlong will only deal 500 times 2.5 (excluding orbs multiplier). so it's important to strategize how to start and end your combo before facing the boss.

Guide by Mark Chionh
Me
Me
Admin

Back to top Go down