One Piece Treasure Cruise Global and Japanese Versions Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATTENTION! VERY IMPORTANT

4 posters

Go down

ATTENTION! VERY IMPORTANT Empty ATTENTION! VERY IMPORTANT

Post by Thetimelord123 Thu Mar 26 2015, 20:31

I first noticed this while scrolling through the One Piece Treasure Cruise official site, and it appears that in-game security is still very loose. Hacking other people's accounts is very easy, as long as they have the right information.

Just off the top of my head (will make a more accurate list later), all they really need is:
Account ID
Pirate Crew Name
Your Captain
The Country You're From
Date When You Last Played

With a simple screen shot of your box, MOST of your in-game info would be revealed to potential hackers.
Not that I'm worried about any of you hacking, but just be careful of all the other scumbags out there who couldn't
be bothered to pay money/ spend time training/ get good rolls, because they're surely out for your accounts.

Got one of my own main accounts hacked recently: 142 375 398, so if any of you can't add me as a friend, I'm sorry.

Other information which they might need includes

Email
Type of Mobile Device
2 Crew Members Used

Email is purely used for sending the newly generated password. And I'm pretty sure they can't keep track of what device you usually use (I constantly switch between multiple devices when playing my accounts). Also, at this point of the game, it's fairly easy to predict what sorts of crew members you use. Eg. If you have Towel Nami (lv 67), Buggy the Clown (lv MAX), and Brain Point Chopper (lv 35) along side other characters, there's a good chance of guessing what your crew would be.

Moral of the Story? Keep your information more discreet! Don't fall into the same trap I have, it really is a horrible feeling ToT
Thetimelord123
Thetimelord123

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION! VERY IMPORTANT Empty Re: ATTENTION! VERY IMPORTANT

Post by Relamir Fri Mar 27 2015, 10:17

Thanks for the heads up. Though glad I have never felt the need to post my ID or List of total characters, other than my suggested ones when I assist in team building/island help.

Relamir

Back to top Go down

Post by ⚓✨ V A N I T Y ✨⚓ Fri Mar 27 2015, 10:51

Thanks bud, I spend money to play I sure don't want to get hack. With that note sorry folks I will never post my account number for friend.

⚓✨ V A N I T Y ✨⚓

Back to top Go down

Post by paralistalon Fri Mar 27 2015, 17:58

I really don't even know why people would hack this game... it's not like you trade off the good characters or anything.

paralistalon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetimelord123 Sat Mar 28 2015, 21:07

@Relamir @VANITY Yep no problem, luckily this account only had a 5* Shanks as only prem, so let's put it past us but learn from this mistake. Although, I'm pretty sure posting just your ID isn't a big deal.

@paralistalon People hack for a variety of reasons besides just monetary gains. For example, they'd feel good about themselves if they managed to get their hands on something for free, which someone else worked so hard on. Also if they had a crap time rerolling, jacking a lucky account from another person saves so much more time. Finally, if the account had money spent on it, that would make it equivalent to stealing the amount of money invested into the account
Thetimelord123
Thetimelord123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down