One Piece Treasure Cruise Global and Japanese Versions Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece Treasure Cruise Speed Teams

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

One Piece Treasure Cruise Speed Teams Empty One Piece Treasure Cruise Speed Teams

Post by Rampart Sun Mar 08 2015, 18:08

Welcome to Rampart's Speed team guide. After reading the forums for some time, I've run into a number of threads where players have had queries of "how to form an Ace team", "is there any point of forming a speed team without ace?". So the aim of this guide is to help out any players looking for a bit of help or are confused about why they should form a speed team. Let's get started.

One Piece Treasure Cruise Speed Teams Ff8eXz2
My current speed team as of 28/03/15

Introduction

Biggest question most players would ask is why speed team? Is there a point in a mono speed team?

Speed teams help to make some of the game's story and event isles a lot easier and in general a cakewalk. With the speed unit attack/health amplifiers provided by captains, most of the game's content can be covered by using a speed team.

Notable islands where speed teams shine in our current meta:
-Farming Force units such as Arlong quick and easy
-Farming Alvida's current event isle with no risk of failure (will expand on this below)
-Easy farming/beating of any Force Bosses

Notable islands where speed teams shine in future metas:
-Farming Laboon (in preparation for Mihawk) quick and easy in River Mountain (which is coming next patch)
Spoiler:

I.) Captain:

5* Portgas D. Ace (5/5)

One Piece Treasure Cruise Speed Teams Portgas-D-Ace-3-one-piece-34540739-1680-1050

In our current meta, this unit has the best speed captain effect at 5* reaching 2.5x Atk of Speed units. He is still widely used for high damage speed teams in the JPN version to this day. General advice for any captains that were lucky enough to get this exclusive unit at 4* through rare recruit would be to work on evolving him to 5* as soon as possible to get that extra .5 attack as early as possible. Another reason would be that 4* Ace's damage is absolutely horrendous even at max level where it only reaches 545. Using two dual 5* ace captains (one as a friend) allows you to reach 5x Speed Atk bonus for an insane damage output.

5* Diable Jambe Sanji (5/5)

One Piece Treasure Cruise Speed Teams 3090464255_1_3_kowfIbhI

The current second best Speed captain and still widely used in the JPN version, providing a captain effect of 1.5x Atk and HP of speed units. This unit is a lot more accessible for most players to get as Sanji is a free recruit provided through the story in comparison to Ace. This 5* version of Sanji's special also comes in handy against bosses with defense walls such as Smoker and Alvida as it bypasses their defense easily. Diable Jambe sanji captains when paired with other Diable Jambe captains can get an overall 3x Atk and HP bonus of speed units which provides an overall much more tankier and in general safer speed team in comparison to running ace captains.

II.) Crewmates:

4* Golden Pound Usopp (6/5)

Increases enemy unit cooldown by 3... Sleep

4* Captain Kuro (5/5)

Currently the best attack speed unit in the game of 1057 which combo-ed with his 8 hits can quickly destroy enemy units. He also has a large health pool much like Ace and Sanji of above 2000hp making him ideal for speed teams that are trying to get more tanky. Definitely a must-have for the current meta of speed teams.

4* 10,000kg Miss Valentine (4/5)

Can be considered to essentially be the "Buggy" of speed teams. With a special that can convert meat orbs to speed orbs allowing a speed team to deal devastating damage. Her special ability can be combo-ed together with Johnny's special ability of converting an adjacent unit's slot to a meat slot. However her special ability is only made available whilst she is in her 4* form whilst her 3* form has no special ability, leaving her at only a 4/5.

4* Tony Tony Chopper Horn Point (4/5)

Captains lucky enough to recruit a tony tony chopper this early in the game should definitely evolve it to it's Horn Point form for use in speed teams. This unit has decent attack stats and an average health pool but where it really shines is in it's special ability. It deals 7x the character's attack to all enemy units which would add up to 5992 damage to all units (ouch). This however, is not fixed damage so it can't break past the heavy defense of Alvida or Smoker leaving Tony Tony Chopper Horn Point at only 4/5.

4* Sergeant Tashigi (3.5/5)

Tashigi acts as a decent filler single target damage unit for the most part however that is all she essentially is in a speed team. This is comparable to Kuro as he is also a single target damage dealer however he offers more hits, more health and higher attack than Tashigi so can essentially replace Tashigi if your speed team is full. If not, Tashigi can still deal nice damage but I would highly recommend not to evolve her to her 4* form if you have her and instead to wait for Rob Lucci on his event isle (which shouldn't be too long from now). Pushing the negatives aside, Tashigi does provide speed teams with a high RCV which is a nice bonus pushing her up to 3.5/5.

3* Blue Striped Dragon (3/5)

A good filler unit with decent damage and health if your speed team has some unused spots remaining. I say it's a good filler as it can be farmed at dragon isles every thursday, making it easy for non-iap purchase players and players that don't want to farm for Kuro or Tashigi a lot easier to obtain a decent speed team.

2* Johnny (3/5)

A good filler unit mainly for his special that converts adjacent unit orbs to food orbs. This can combo with Miss Valentine's special of converting food orbs to speed orbs. However, he does suffer from the *cough* 4* ace damage *cough* syndrome and doesn't have all that impressive stats for a speed unit you would want to keep in your team for the long-term. However, his attack and health are still decent for a filler unit leaving him at 3/5.

How you should look to arrange your speed team with Johnny in it:
One Piece Treasure Cruise Speed Teams HRpJUwF

III.) Ships

Merry Go - Offers a small but nice damage buff of 1.2x Atk once it reaches a ship grade of 6 and keeps on increasing all the way up to grade 10 eventually reaching 1.5x Atk.

One Piece Treasure Cruise Speed Teams Q5ymNYS

Baratie - Offers a large amount of health and is a good filler ship until you get that all-important Merry Go rank up to 6.

IV.) Battle Tips

As mentioned earlier above, Speed team will excel at clearing Alvida's dungeon with little to no chance of failure.
The three ways for Speed teams to win:
-Diable Jambe Special Ability
-Completely nuke Alvida with all perfects
-Double Ace Captain, get speed orb on a Diable Jambe Sanji and one-shot Alvida

In Story mode
Having a Diable Jambe Sanji or Ace friend will benefit you a lot as you will be dealing immense damage to all units except for intelligence units.
The strategy with intelligence units would be to attack them last (unless you're in a scenario where you're facing all intelligence units) and then nuke them with your entire crew. If you're unsure how to change the unit you're targetting in a battle. Just tap on the enemy unit you want to attack and a big red circle will appear on it, a smaller red circle will appear on the unit you will attack after the first unit has died. You can use this targetting system to maneuver around intelligence units and save them for last.

V.) Useful Links and Resources

All Speed Units in the Game *click me* (big thanks to the wonderful blogger(s) at the one piece TC english guide blog)

Will make sure to constantly update this guide with each passing meta. Thank you for reading Smile

Last edited by Rampart on Sat Mar 28 2015, 12:43; edited 3 times in total
Rampart
Rampart

Back to top Go down

One Piece Treasure Cruise Speed Teams Empty Re: One Piece Treasure Cruise Speed Teams

Post by Rampart Mon Mar 09 2015, 02:29

Managed to get this guide out just before the increased chance of speed unit through raise recruit event was announced XD

Anyway those of you planning to go the speed team route or start up a secondary crew built around speed (which is what I did), I'd highly recommend for you to pull during the event to try and grab yourself an ace and some more essential speed units.
Rampart
Rampart

Back to top Go down

One Piece Treasure Cruise Speed Teams Empty Re: One Piece Treasure Cruise Speed Teams

Post by Mr. Prince Tue Mar 10 2015, 08:41

I heard that only Ace is really worth grabbing dureing the event so I dont know if its worth spending your gems if you wanna get qck-characters.
Mr. Prince
Mr. Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Rampart Tue Mar 10 2015, 16:37

demonfaceandnod wrote:I heard that only Ace is really worth grabbing dureing the event so I dont know if its worth spending your gems if you wanna get qck-characters.

I'd still recommend spending gems on it if anyone was planning on getting Ace as it will be the last chance to get him before we start getting a ridiculous number of rare recruit units being transferred over from the JPN version which would make people wait till sugofest to get him (which is many many months away). Any speed characters you get would also be useful if you plan on running a speed team.
Rampart
Rampart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Prince Wed Mar 11 2015, 00:51

Okay, in the case you really wanna have Ace, I would recommend a reroll unless you are lvl 56 and spent 30 Gems per money Very Happy

But you are right, some might want to do it now.
Mr. Prince
Mr. Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by ESTEBANX Sun Mar 22 2015, 16:02

Soho,

I really didn't look for Ace but I still ended up with him in the Strawhat V2 recruit. I'll just post my Speedunits, state my idea and kindly ask for review:

Ace 4* (59), Tashigi 4* (35), Kuro 3* (~35), 2 different Sanjis before Diable, Mr. Prince 5* (20), Horn Chopper (~15).

So I thought, Arlong-Event coming soon: I level up Ace, evolve him and push him to 30-something because after that it gets harder. I'll build my team like this:

Ace, Tashigi, Mr. Prince, Chopper, Golden Pound Usopp. Then, if I don't need Usopp, I'll bring in the dragon.

So, thing about Kuro / Tashigi. I think, as cool as he would be, I'll ignore Kuro because he will take a lot of effort - and so does Ace. If Rob Lucci is coming around soon, I'll replace Tashigi with him and then I can still build up Kuro later.

So, basically what I am saying is, I go for the team described top. Would you agree? Btw - if you have an Ace 5*, maybe we should get in touch. I did not come along too many Ace-Players yet.

All the best and thanks for your guide Smile

ESTEBANX

Back to top Go down

Post by Rampart Mon Mar 23 2015, 02:24

ESTEBANX wrote:Soho,

I really didn't look for Ace but I still ended up with him in the Strawhat V2 recruit. I'll just post my Speedunits, state my idea and kindly ask for review:

Ace 4* (59), Tashigi 4* (35), Kuro 3* (~35), 2 different Sanjis before Diable, Mr. Prince 5* (20), Horn Chopper (~15).

So I thought, Arlong-Event coming soon: I level up Ace, evolve him and push him to 30-something because after that it gets harder. I'll build my team like this:

Ace, Tashigi, Mr. Prince, Chopper, Golden Pound Usopp. Then, if I don't need Usopp, I'll bring in the dragon.

So, thing about Kuro / Tashigi. I think, as cool as he would be, I'll ignore Kuro because he will take a lot of effort - and so does Ace. If Rob Lucci is coming around soon, I'll replace Tashigi with him and then I can still build up Kuro later.

So, basically what I am saying is, I go for the team described top. Would you agree? Btw - if you have an Ace 5*, maybe we should get in touch. I did not come along too many Ace-Players yet.

All the best and thanks for your guide Smile

The team you should aim to stick with is:

Ace
Tashigi
Chopper
Mr Prince
Golden Pound Hammer Usopp (Always)

It's a very high damage speed team that'll help you against Arlong. I'd say after you get your Ace to 5* you need to start working on evolving one of your Sanji's to Diable Jambe Sanji. His special skill is really useful against high defense enemies and he has a lot of base damage in a speed team.

I'll be running my 5* Ace as captain when we get to the Arlong event but for now I'm running my Princess Vivi, what's your ID?
Rampart
Rampart

Back to top Go down

Post by ESTEBANX Mon Mar 23 2015, 10:33

Alright, my ID is 350402839.

Same goes for me. Ace is 63 atm. I will try to evolve him before Arlong - he is the last unit I am leveling anyways. I got Alvida, Baloon-Ruffy and Pre-Towel-Nami maxed. But I'll grind Elite as long as possible, so I wont get evolvers (maybe I'll be lucky with the FP-recruit :>).

ESTEBANX

Back to top Go down

Post by ESTEBANX Tue Mar 24 2015, 10:03

Hey, your friendslist is full.

ESTEBANX

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Prince Fri Mar 27 2015, 14:03

Hey Rampart,

as you did this guide I am asking you:

I have all the units you also have. My question is: Should I aim to evolve my Miss Valentine and switch her with Brain Point Chopper in for Orb-control or should I go similar to the image you posted in your first post?

Would be nice if you could help, I am currently lvling them for Arlong Event Wink

Greetings
Mr. Prince
Mr. Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Rampart Sat Mar 28 2015, 12:10

ESTEBANX wrote:Hey, your friendslist is full.
I'll have to add you with the release of Laboon content (we'll get bonus friend slots) as all my current friends have priority sorry :C

demonfaceandnod wrote:Hey Rampart,

as you did this guide I am asking you:

I have all the units you also have. My question is: Should I aim to evolve my Miss Valentine and switch her with Brain Point Chopper in for Orb-control or should I go similar to the image you posted in your first post?

Would be nice if you could help, I am currently lvling them for Arlong Event Wink

Greetings

You should definitely evolve Miss Valentine to her 4* form over having Brain Point Chopper for Orb control. Thanks for your comment, it actually reminded me to update the screenshot of my current team xD
Rampart
Rampart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Prince Sat Mar 28 2015, 12:43

Hey Rampart, my question was:

Do you recommend the first screenshot (for constant damage) or the second one (for orb maniplation burst damage)

One Piece Treasure Cruise Speed Teams Screen17

One Piece Treasure Cruise Speed Teams Screen18

(Btw: How is your inbox going?)

Greetings

/Edit: Or should I do this (farmed him a minute ago):

One Piece Treasure Cruise Speed Teams Screen19
Mr. Prince
Mr. Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Rampart Sat Mar 28 2015, 13:02

demonfaceandnod wrote:Hey Rampart, my question was:

Do you recommend the first screenshot (for constant damage) or the second one (for orb maniplation burst damage)

(Btw: How is your inbox going?)

Greetings

The second team with orb-manipulation is better for everything because you will most likely stall for a longer time to build up your special skills. It'll also do good on Arlong's Expert Isle if you plan to farm that.

The first team with constant damage is better for rookie/veteran/elite modes of Arlong Event Isle only (not good with the story quests) as it has no defense skills or quick burst options. This team might also struggle in Arlong Expert Isle because of the mini-boss.

To summarise: First team is overall better in more situations, there's a benefit to stalling to build up specials in this team. Second team should only be used if you're in a rush but never used to run something that's difficult.

My inbox currently says "No Msgs" might be a bug?

EDIT: Use your 3rd team (with johnny) over your 1st team (with BP chopper).
EDIT 2: If you want to make your 1st team more versatile, add golden pound hammer usopp to replace your Sergeant Tashigi.
Rampart
Rampart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Prince Sat Mar 28 2015, 13:09

Hey Rampart,

thank you for the advice. Smile

Greetings
Mr. Prince
Mr. Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Light Sat Mar 28 2015, 15:52

demon what is your id? I have ace 4* but working on 5* at the moment and am looking for more ace friend captains.
ESTEBANX ive added you as well. Mugiwara pirates currently running zoro captain for kuro but will change to ace once arlong event comes out
Light
Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Prince Sat Mar 28 2015, 17:11

Hey Light,

you can add me because for the upcoming event I need Ace leads anyways.

447 542 432

Greetings
Mr. Prince
Mr. Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Light Sat Mar 28 2015, 17:15

Done. Asura zoro at the moment but will chance capt with arlong event.
Got princess vivi As well so will be handy for mihawk as well
Light
Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ESTEBANX Sat Mar 28 2015, 17:38

Haha, Speedcrew is coming up. Dont forget me, Rampart Smile

As the others, I got a Vivi as well. Just evolved her and after Ace I am aiming to get her to 5*

ESTEBANX

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Prince Sat Mar 28 2015, 18:01

I won't need Vivi since I have a 3rd Gear Luffy, but I know that she will be essential for some people.
Mr. Prince
Mr. Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by ESTEBANX Tue Mar 31 2015, 11:44

Well, I got a potential G3 too. Just have to evolve, but I will use my last stamina for two more Kuro-Runs (GIMME BOOKS OR FAT TURTLES!). Got my Kuro to 48 btw, just using Kuros for the last 20 levels Very Happy

So guys, don't forget to add each other. Arlong will get slapped.

ESTEBANX

Back to top Go down

Post by Light Tue Mar 31 2015, 11:49

Estebanx you should have saved the Kuro!! Double chance for skill up.
Did you get any skill ups during those 20 lvl up? Highly doubt you didnt?
Light
Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ESTEBANX Tue Mar 31 2015, 11:52

Yeah, but only three. Kuro is not evolved yet, so I don't give a fuck. But I have higher priorities than getting Kuro to 70 to evolve him. Got my Ace, Ruffy, Nami and Alvida maxed + Vivi evolved once. After evolving the first 4, I will have to get my Ace running for Arlong, prolly next Alvida and Ruffy for Mihawk and Vivi as a safe backup. Then there is still Towel-Nami left for the dream (need Robin) and after all those get a decent level, I might consider leveling Kuro. So, thats kinda faaaaaaar away.

E:Oh, and I forgot that I can evolve Sanji into Diable Jambe and I guess that has higher priority as well Very Happy

ESTEBANX

Back to top Go down

Post by Condoriano89 Tue Mar 31 2015, 12:21

Dunno if there's currently a qck team who can rush arlong safely.. I have a maxed 4* ace, maxed sanji, maxed mr. Prince 3*, high level 4* kuro, chopper horn point and 4* valentine.. Due to the lack of atk i don't really know if a qck team can be enough to beat expert arlong.. I'll give it a try btw..

Condoriano89

Back to top Go down

Post by Light Tue Mar 31 2015, 13:28

That's basically my team but higher evolved though.
Ace 5, Sanji diable 5, Kuro 4, valentine 4, usopp.
Though all around lvl 30 besides usopp who is maxed for the skill up manuals.
The hp is worrying about 7-8 k which I think is a 1 or 2 hit from arlobg
Light
Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Condoriano89 Tue Mar 31 2015, 13:40

That's what i'm worried about.. 7500 damage every 2 turns is a little bit too much maybe.. Maybe golden pound will do the trick lol.

Condoriano89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next