One Piece Treasure Cruise Global and Japanese Versions Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Building Advice Needed! (Can't beat expert kuro!)

2 posters

Go down

Team Building Advice Needed! (Can't beat expert kuro!) Empty Team Building Advice Needed! (Can't beat expert kuro!)

Post by kmaasmd Mon Mar 23 2015, 17:41

I feel like I must be playing this game wrong or something...
I have the characters to make close to four different and solid teams (Slasher, Dex, Prince Sanji & Fighter) yet no matter what I do I just can't crack Kuro on Expert. This makes me nervous for the future, tougher content (like Mihawk), since I am a free player.

Team Building Advice Needed! (Can't beat expert kuro!) Screenshot_2015_03_23_18_35_39

Advice on who to level and which team to focus on? General Expert Kuro tips?

My Go-To has been Zeff (+Zeff Friend) Luffy Gear 2, Diable Sanji, Helmeppo (don't judge, he's done ok) and Golden Usopp. Just leveled & evolved Arlong this afternoon and haven't given his team a test run yet.

That Team (double enraged Arlong, Asura Zoro, Kuro, Taishigi & Golden Usopp) seems to be the strongest overall at this juncture.

Last edited by kmaasmd on Fri Mar 27 2015, 11:34; edited 2 times in total

kmaasmd

Back to top Go down

Team Building Advice Needed! (Can't beat expert kuro!) Empty Re: Team Building Advice Needed! (Can't beat expert kuro!)

Post by ChaosReigns Tue Mar 24 2015, 05:19

Are you talking Elite or Expert?

V2 Sanji Lead with a G3 Luffy friend.
Zoro
Kuro, Tashigi or Zeff (I use V1 sanji)
Hammer Usopp
Alvida or G2 Luffy. (I use Alvida)

Thats the team I use, but instead I have G3 Luffy and I have no problems beating Elite or Expert if I hit my perfects. If you struggle with perfects bring a Vivi friend. This will take 20mins on expert this way.

If perfects aren't your thing you should do fine with;

Ashura Zoro and Ashura Zoro friend
Smoker
Alvida (Damage reduction) or Cabaji/Jango if you don't need it.
Zeff
God Usopp.

You should have ABSOLUTELY no problems with this team on Elite OR Expert.

Expert tips.

This should give you close to 20k hp and you should be able to beat expert. I say bring Alvida because You can use her damage reduction on Butchie to reduce one of his attacks, but with close to 20k hp you should be able to tank 4 of them with meat drops. Butchie will be the only hard part for you. You can also use Usopps turn delay here if you are having trouble it should take you 5-10 turns to kill Butchie with this team.

Use One Zoro's special on the next stage if you need to, and the other Zoro you can save for Kuro or burn it. That's up to you.

ChaosReigns

Back to top Go down

Team Building Advice Needed! (Can't beat expert kuro!) Empty Re: Team Building Advice Needed! (Can't beat expert kuro!)

Post by kmaasmd Tue Mar 24 2015, 05:57

Sorry, yeah, I meant expert! (edited the OP)

But thanks for the tips. I finally took the bastard out using the 2x Zoro team.

Any advice on a team, looking forwards? Like Mihwak or any of the other 24hr islands?

I think my only chance at Mihawk is going to be with a Vivi friend and a farmed Laboon. Since I have not been lucky enough to pull a G3 Luffy or a Vivi of my own.

In general though, it looks like Slasher is going to be my strongest team overall.
I guess I should probably start leveling up Shanks? But he needs so much XP...

kmaasmd

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosReigns Tue Mar 24 2015, 07:23

Vivi and Laboon will probably be the best team you'll have for the event, but that's only if you get them before Mihawk comes and you have to be prepared to level Vivi with Evolvers already on hand.

Turtle Island will be your friend. save all your Elder turtles for Vivi from now on. If you didn't use your yellow turtle from the Easter event keep it for a pretty much single shot Lvls 1-33. So now you've Got N. Vivi you'll need 19 Elder turtles to get her from 1-69 with a regular teen turtle to get her the rest of the way.

Okay... so you've Evolved Vivi to P. Vivi Now what? You have 2 options an 1 is risky.

Risky option. requires a low level about level 20-30 and 4 crabs and a laboon friend. I've seen a video on youtube with a person who did it this way. If you got time to spare (I'm talking upwards of an hour) this is the method to go with.

Second option is a high level Vivi with a Lion Song Zoro friend. There are plenty of vids on youtube to see what team you could use, but this is much shorter.

Just realized all this is in assumption you go for Vivi. Go for Laboon instead! Less work is required on your part. Look for P. Vivi friends! If you have Laboon they will accept you. (edit... annnnnnnnnd you said that already! told you I was tired)

Now to the meat. Lets assume you wasted all that time farming Laboon for nothing. He didn't drop in the time it took for the Mihawk event to come. What now? Did you still save all your turtles for Vivi and she didn't drop either? Work with what you've got.

Based on what you have, a strength team + G3 Luffy friend and G2 Luffy Captain will be best bet for Mihawk. Save a few gems as you might need it. You can definitely beat 30 stamina with No Gems, but you may or may not get Mihawk in all your attempts. Try the 30 stamina at least twice before you go for your last attempt for the day at 40stamina.

Focus your attention on Arlong, G2 Luffy, Alvida, Smoker and Usopp. Arlong, Alvida and Luffy should be as high as you can possibly get them. I'm not talking 40s and 50s here. I'm talking 60s and 70s. The higher the better as you'll have more HP. If you get Mr. 5 you can switch him out for Smoker.

Wait why is smoker on your team he's Dex? Damage reduction.

Usopp special, then Alvida and if he's still alive then you have to make a decision, use smoker before or after you die! lol.

I'm a bit tired so some of this might not make any sense and I haven't proof read it. Sorry!

So ya that's a long winded suggestion for you. Forget Shanks for now You don't have the units to really build a good PSY team. No point in spending xp on a character you won't be using for a little while.

ChaosReigns

Back to top Go down

Post by kmaasmd Tue Mar 24 2015, 07:46

hey. I'm driving right now so I can't read everything you wrote. But I did want to preemptively thank you for the very meaty opinion. I'll edit this out for something more substantive when I've had a chance to go through that

kmaasmd

Back to top Go down

Post by kmaasmd Wed Mar 25 2015, 10:06

Thanks for advice CR, I appreciate it.

I have begun to level up Luffy, Alvida Arlong and Smoker. For giggles I have been farming elite kuro with different configurations (to get a feel for the different teams I can make) and my fastest clear time has been from a Mr. Prince Sanji team. (Mr. Prince, G2 Luffy, Zoro, Arlong & Usopp) w/ G3 friend. That is likely because the team you suggested above is not ideal makup for a blue dungeon. Evolving smoker is going to be a serious pain in the ass, though, as I have yet to have a rainbow penguin drop.

I also feel pretty stupid having already used my usopp manuals and spare kuro copies already instead of stockpiling them for the ability up event next week. 10 manuals, easy, and not one skillup. Sad I've started holding onto them in hopes of having better luck.

kmaasmd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down