One Piece Treasure Cruise Global and Japanese Versions Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Buggy Island Help

+4
Aesir L. Divino
RiceBucket
Luong
azntonyking
8 posters

Go down

Elite Buggy Island Help Empty Elite Buggy Island Help

Post by azntonyking Sat Feb 21 2015, 12:21

I'm having a tough time finishing the elite buggy island. What's the recommended team setup for this island? I don't have vivi and none of my friends have them as captain so what's the alternative?

I have Usopp, luffy, zoro, sanji, nami, buggy, blue chopper (upgraded), six sword hachi (4*), smoker, fire pearl (3*), Gin the man demon (4*).

The ones mentioned are at least 3*

azntonyking

Back to top Go down

Elite Buggy Island Help Empty Re: Elite Buggy Island Help

Post by Luong Sat Feb 21 2015, 13:36

I would try and get a Zeff and use: Zeff, Luffy, Sanji, Blue Chopper, and USopp.

Friend some Zeff user and all your crews attack will be X6.25.

The key though is having Usopp at the next level so he can delay the boss for three turns when he use his special.
Luong
Luong

Back to top Go down

Post by RiceBucket Sat Feb 21 2015, 14:23

I found Zoro and Shanks useful as their special hits all enemies. So adding in Usopp's delay, I manage to clear out the last stage without too much issue before Buggy even gets one attack in... (all my guys are lv low 20s except for 2 in around 30)

RiceBucket

Back to top Go down

Post by azntonyking Sat Feb 21 2015, 19:15

Lol I've done over 7 rainbow gems worth of farming for Zeff and still nothing. Is this normal? Sad. I'm doing the Barattia stage 3.

No shanks unfortunately. :/

azntonyking

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesir L. Divino Sat Feb 21 2015, 20:06

Yeah the Chance to get one Rar dropp from Farming normal islands is quite Low. This here is my team. I farm Buggy-Elite Stage and Train Area Without loosing HP.

Elite Buggy Island Help Image10

In my rotation is Zorro as well because Shanks has Low stats and usopp is no slasher but for the fight against Elite Buggy it makes all much easier because they are PSY. For Train Area you don't Need Usopp with a Slasher only Team you have enough burst dmg.

For clear Buggy Elite Stage i just recommend Arlong 4*(and friend to) and God Usopp the Rest can be also Filler slasher like Octa or Morgan.

Best regards

Aesir L. Divino
Aesir L. Divino
Aesir L. Divino

Back to top Go down

Post by Luong Sat Feb 21 2015, 20:30

It took me over 20 tries before I got Zeff so its a rare drop. I think the drop rate is 5%.

Base on your lineup you gave above.

Zeff, Luffy, Sanji, Blue Chopper, and USopp - Fighter Group
or
Arlong, Zoro, Hachi, Gin, and Usopp - Slasher Group

You will have to either farm for Zeff or Arlong either way. I farmed Zeff because Zeff was cheaper stamina wise. Another thing is there is an Arlong event coming in the near future that makes it easier to obtain Arlong. Or you can try and roll for one using rainbow gems.

Yea its a grind but once you get one of those team setup, it should be a breeze.
Luong
Luong

Back to top Go down

Post by paralistalon Sun Feb 22 2015, 05:52

Having good friend captains can make all the difference until you get those characters yourself (and even then, they only get better in multiples!). I don't think it's a bad idea to delete some of your Luffy friends and then fish around for decent guest captains to send friend invites to until you have a good variety. One of the best friend captains, IMO, is Shanks- for a couple reasons. First, he is a PSY type that gives a sizable boost to all PSY party members, and PSY party members are where it's at for the Buggy event since many of the enemies will be weak to PSY including the boss. Second, his special attack is amazing for setting you up to win the last stage. In stage 6, after you dispatch the one-hit KO guy and are just down to the yellow crab, assuming you can survive a hit from the crab, you can stall and draw out the crab's death for the 7 turns it takes before he can attack again. Maybe you can get a few recovers if you're lucky, but by the time you wait it out, Shank's special should come online for use the next stage. Use it in the next stage to deal massive PSY damage to the entire enemy team (who is ALL weak to PSY!). Zoro's special is quite underwhelming in comparison!

You already have Usopp, so getting him evolved using his second evolution (with the yellow crab) should be a priority. His 3-turn delay is amazing, as was already said. He's also a PSY character with decent ATK and a PSY multiplier of his own, so this makes him perfect to pair with someone else's Shanks! This gives you 3X ATK for PSY characters and can lead to a remarkable finish to a combo with a PSY character with a yellow orb.

Another option for a guest captain is Arlong. While not a PSY type, his ATK is so incredible that it doesn't really matter, lol. He would also compliment the decent slashers you already have- Zoro, Buggy, and Hachi. Hachi is also pretty good for the high-DEF guys because he can get 7-8 hits in.

With an Usopp captain and either Shanks or Arlong for a guest captain (and decent PSY or slasher filler), I can usually clear the elite stage without using a fruit, although I do have to use one if I get unlucky rounds with Cabaji starting at 1 turn countdown and the one-hit KO guy starting at 2 turn countdown.

paralistalon

Back to top Go down

Post by KryonX Sun Feb 22 2015, 08:19

Along with the last comment, after dying a couple of times to the Ohko guy, (and not wanting to waste a gem) I just use usopp if he is on a 2 counter. It means I have to take two hits from the crab but I have at least 11 turns to make sure I have enough hp to take the second 1000 damage. Of course that also means you have to stall and not kill the crab for 15 turns to get usopp back

KryonX

Back to top Go down

Post by azntonyking Sun Feb 22 2015, 12:49

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I might just give up on farming zeff for awhile...I'm at 93 times and still nothing lol. Zeff doesn't want to be on my team, unfortunately Sad.

@Aesir: That's a nice team! I wish I had Arlong, I have a bunch of slashers characters that could use him as a leader.

I'll try to befriend some people that can help me out with the elite stage then. I have a bunch of luffies and I should thin that herd out for a good mix of friends with different characters.

azntonyking

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerh Fri Feb 27 2015, 08:49

Ok, finally after eight tries and leveling up and building my Team since three days, I've been able to finish him on Elite and with luck. But... I didnt get anything useful -.- whether a book nor buggy. Is that normal?? Did i do something wrong?

Hammerh

Back to top Go down

Post by Luong Sat Feb 28 2015, 01:06

If your capable, I would say defeat buggy first. There is only one drop per battle. If you kill the mob first and if they drop something then you will get nothing from buggy. In the end, its mainly luck. =)
Luong
Luong

Back to top Go down

Post by FusionSama Sat Feb 28 2015, 13:22

Ive been grinding buggy elite with a knowledge team and its worked out very well, double buggy captains, Mr.3, Brain Point Chopper, Golden Pound Usopp, and Mirage Tempo Nami.
FusionSama
FusionSama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down