One Piece Treasure Cruise Global and Japanese Versions Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prospect on a Trade System

+8
⚓✨ V A N I T Y ✨⚓
OnePunchMan
alma91
RojikkuPirates
DayPirates
Relamir
Walnootje
Thetimelord123
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Prospect on a Trade System Empty Prospect on a Trade System

Post by Thetimelord123 Tue Mar 03 2015, 20:19

So I've been thinking about this for a while now. What do you guys think about having a in-game trade system?

As far as I'm aware of, the Jap Server doesn't have this either, but then again this game has only been out for a year and released to Global just 3 weeks prior.

I recently started up on this game 2 weeks ago, as the One Piece app icon caught my eye, and have been addicted to it since. However, I can't help but feel that something is missing here. Don't get me wrong, this is probably the best One Piece game out there ever, and the functions already out (Tavern, Friend List, Quests, Events) are fantastic. As a whole hearted One Piece fan, I'm proud to say that this game is well matched for Oda Sensi's skills.

This game can ONLY get better though if a trade system is included. Think about it:

1) With a trade system, the game's economics will significantly improve. People looking for a specific character (say, Ace) actually has a chance of getting them in exchange for a character someone else is looking for (Robin). If Bili is also included in the trade system, it would not be necessary to farm weekends and waste stamina to gain this.
I get that the reason why game developers are reluctant to do this is because they want you to spend real money to buy Rainbow Gems, but if that's the case then they can also make RG's a currency in trade system. When there's an epic character in trade, people will willingly spend a few dollars on them. This will be further progressed as people will try to out compete each other to get the best deal, and thus the money will be ROLLING in.

2) Get rid of repetitive characters. I'm sure at least some of you have doubles of a certain character which seems to wasteful to simply sell off. Of course, the game developers offer the solution with same character bonus along with the chance to lv up special. Yeah, I call bullsh*t. With a trade system, you not only can get rid of repeat characters for a decent deal (eg. double Shanks), you also give the chance for someone else to share the enjoyment.

3) Stimulates interaction. This is a huge deal in most MMO's. The main point of these types of games is to show off your characters - sorry, I meant to help each other out - and with a trade system, this is possible. People are more obliged to negotiate with each other, and with negotiation comes MAKING FRIENDS, yes, a concept which most OTAKU's don't understand lol.
Also, it's also a great way to pass time as you're waiting for your stamina to refill.

4) Finally, with a trade system, it will just make the game SO much more enjoyable than it already is. From my own past experiences, it always is a thrill to see a rare recruit in trade, or to find a great deal. A trade system will draw the attention of MANY more people, both in Japan and Global. It offers a chance for Veteran players to help out new players and get them more easily integrated in the game faster, and overall, people will just get a blast when they play.

In all honesty, I just don't want to see a game with such HIGH potential to go to waste. I can see this game going a LONG way, and as One Piece is NEVER going to end (hopefully) so this game will too.

So tell me, what do you guys think? Very Happy

Sorry for the long post (y)
Thetimelord123
Thetimelord123

Back to top Go down

Prospect on a Trade System Empty Re: Prospect on a Trade System

Post by Walnootje Tue Mar 03 2015, 23:14

You forgot how this can be abused by rerolling. I only need to reroll to get the best gacha only units and trade it with my main account and i never have to spend a penny on this!

So no a trade system doesnt work in these kind of games. Why do you think so many similair games like this has no trade system simple it can be abused. Company lose profit and when company dont make profit game gets closed down.

They are actuely making it worse by adding in a trade system. No one in his right mind will spend any penny on it when they can just reroll for the best char and trade it to their main account and not to mention this will also add something called RMT.

S> Robin *5 30$ only be fast!

If anyone played the online Yugioh game they should know what i am talking about. Them folks selling those rare cards on ebay for hefty dollars =D

Also this is not a MMO there is no such thing as a economic in this game. This is still a single player game. And there is nothing to compete with each other. You make it sound like this game is already dying when it is doing well in JAP even without the trade system.

You should play more similair games like this and you will see why a trade system is bad and get pretty much shot down by the company.

Most Japanese-based games don't have trade feature. The last game that have gacha system that implement trade went down the hills and straight to the drain. It was Rage of Bahamut.
Walnootje
Walnootje

Back to top Go down

Post by Relamir Wed Mar 04 2015, 10:38

Rage of Bahamut was fun and all with wonderful art for Male/Female/Monster Characters but I personally left partially due to the # of people in my guild that would be bragging about tricking people into trading their SRs for Rares and the like. That and all the changing invite rewards that would favor those that made dupe accounts to get rewards for themselves. Too tiresome

But yea, with the rerolling so easy in this game as well as bluestacks being an option with said rerolling, I'm sure trading would kill the game so fast they would probably ditch future development of the game instead of continuing since they would have 0 income with all the rerolls getting all R/SR/USR and whatnot sent to "main accounts" to be traded with others that swap them for what they want. (They would probably use all their personal fruits to get inventory slots only so as to hold all the free "cheated" trade fodder and have all the best cards for nothing but a little bit of time)

Relamir

Back to top Go down

Post by DayPirates Thu Mar 05 2015, 15:43

Regarding trading, they can just restrict it to pirate lvl > 50 (or some arbitrary level), which should take 1-2 of intense playing, to prevent abuse

I don't mind so much the lack of trading. This is directly related to game balance, so it's really up to the devs as it potentially makes people buy more rainbow gems. The reason specials have a low 10% level up chance is to let you use up your duplicates instead of trading them away. More for gatcha users than farmers.

But yes, definitely more multiplayer interaction (even starting with some simple chat or msg) and ways to show off your collection. This is a must.

DayPirates

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetimelord123 Mon Mar 09 2015, 20:01

@DayPirates, yeah I agree with you

@Walnootje, what you say is certainly correct. It is undeniable that some people will try to take advantage of the system by rerolling. If we take that into consideration then, it would be best if a minimum lv was set before trade is unlocked (say PL 50). That way, training an account up to that lv wouldn't be that easy, and people would be more ambivalent about whether to keep the new account which they spent a month of hard work on or just trade off the gatchas
Thetimelord123
Thetimelord123

Back to top Go down

Post by Relamir Tue Mar 10 2015, 09:22

PL50 would be about 3 weeks of work at most for grinders and if you can build a decent team with what you rolled, it might take less (especially since you get free gems currently).

I would think the PL50 would just make it slightly less easy for them to exploit it, but not by all that much, all it would do is slow it down a bit and people would just trade over OP units + turtles and whatever else that others want.  

Imagine the potential of 1000s of people rerolling for the 24 hr limited gachas for Boa and such and then playing a few weeks and sending a bunch or all of them to the Main account.  I would also imagine that people would also then start trying to sell them on websites for real money as Walnootje mentioned above (less time for them to grind and reroll for them for a bit of cash)

Relamir

Back to top Go down

Post by Walnootje Tue Mar 10 2015, 10:07

I am pretty sure it will be sold for real money. I have already seen folks selling Accounts.

I mean come on if you can make profit out of it by selling rare ingame stuff everyone will abuse it. (i would ;p)

That is why i rather see no trade system in these type of games even if they put a restriction in it, it wont help much against the abuse.

A lvl req will only stop the abuse for awhile like mentioned but we still have the issue of RMT. Guys that can trade selling rare units for cash.

Someone also suggested to have a high Beli cost/Gem to trade but Beli is easy to farm on special island and the gem cost if it is too high no one will use it but, then what is the point to even put resources into a trade function? And for example if the gem cost was 30 per trade i am willing to pay that to get these 24 hour only units over spending 100$ to even get it.

I do get why there are those that want a trade function but i don't want to see a potential game getting ruined again by a trade function for these type of games (Rage of Bahamut.)
Walnootje
Walnootje

Back to top Go down

Post by Relamir Tue Mar 10 2015, 12:40

I agree fully with Walnootje as a former player of Rage of Bahamut, that trading is for the most part not all that helpful, though I wouldn't be adverse to in game chat channels or whatnot to have the community be able to interact more but trading is a rather poor method of interaction.

I would say that a better method of having Veteran players assist newbies would be to maybe allow Veterans to gift newbies with characters 3* and under maybe (so that hackers cannot get in and give away saved up turtles or end game units like Mihawk, Boa, Marco, etc, but can give units like unevolved Kuro, Arlong, Alvida, Laboon, Vivi.  

I somewhat doubt the above would be implemented either but hey a whole lot less likely to be abused vs general trading

Just in case you still feel answers were not answered.

Thetimelord123 wrote:
1) With a trade system, the game's economics will significantly improve. People looking for a specific character (say, Ace) actually has a chance of getting them in exchange for a character someone else is looking for (Robin). If Bili is also included in the trade system, it would not be necessary to farm weekends and waste stamina to gain this.
I get that the reason why game developers are reluctant to do this is because they want you to spend real money to buy Rainbow Gems, but if that's the case then they can also make RG's a currency in trade system. When there's an epic character in trade, people will willingly spend a few dollars on them. This will be further progressed as people will try to out compete each other to get the best deal, and thus the money will be ROLLING in.

Farm accounts would be rampant. People would use alt accounts to farm Turtles, Beli, get free fruits to roll gacha (after they get good free gacha) so they would probably have 7-9 free gacha pulls to trade over to their main account after lets say 2-3 weeks time. Income for the Developers would be more on the side of "DRYING UP" more than "ROLLING IN" and it would be "DIVERTED" into the pockets of people rerolling for free on 4-5 devices and selling cards to other players who want it after 2-3 weeks time.

Thetimelord123 wrote:
2) Get rid of repetitive characters. I'm sure at least some of you have doubles of a certain character which seems to wasteful to simply sell off. Of course, the game developers offer the solution with same character bonus along with the chance to lv up special. Yeah, I call bullsh*t. With a trade system, you not only can get rid of repeat characters for a decent deal (eg. double Shanks), you also give the chance for someone else to share the enjoyment.

I would say that yes, it is bullsh*t, but there is too much that is exploitable to make it worthwhile for the developers otherwise as listed above. 3-4 weeks is very little time to possibly get 1-4 VERY good characters to trade out for ones they didn't get especially when they are free limited 24 hour characters like Boa, Rayleigh, Whitebeard, and Sengoku for the one rerolling. Even taking RMT off the table, just imagine what someone who possibly spent nothing could get in rares for just one of those 4 or even any of the Raid boss cards from someone who wasn't available to get those, and all they needed to do was grind for additional fusion material, turtles, beli for a few weeks to get it to themselves.

Thetimelord123 wrote:
3) Stimulates interaction. This is a huge deal in most MMO's. The main point of these types of games is to show off your characters - sorry, I meant to help each other out - and with a trade system, this is possible. People are more obliged to negotiate with each other, and with negotiation comes MAKING FRIENDS, yes, a concept which most OTAKU's don't understand lol.
Also, it's also a great way to pass time as you're waiting for your stamina to refill.

Being able to display your collection is one thing, trading is a whole other ballgame. Negotiations do not typically build lasting friendships unless it is done many many times, why would any typical buyer on lets say craigslist befriend the seller of a car, phone or anything else for that matter? Being an otaku has nothing to do with it. Chatting stimulates interaction not trading. Also adding both chatting and trading ends up also adding tons of spam accounts spamming what they are trading, which also makes people less likely to want to chat due to huge amounts of spammers using free accounts close to whatever level limit they need to reach to be able to trade.

Thetimelord123 wrote:
4) Finally, with a trade system, it will just make the game SO much more enjoyable than it already is. From my own past experiences, it always is a thrill to see a rare recruit in trade, or to find a great deal. A trade system will draw the attention of MANY more people, both in Japan and Global. It offers a chance for Veteran players to help out new players and get them more easily integrated in the game faster, and overall, people will just get a blast when they play.

It might be more enjoyable for some, but lets say the great deal was a deal made by someone who somehow stole the account by somehow getting the password to transfer/backup accounts and traded off all they spent all their time collecting, yes not as likely but I'm sure devs wouldn't like to deal with the hassle of either reimbursing the victim and removing cards from accounts involved or anything like that. It just adds more work for their support team. My above suggestion is a much better Newbie assist than trading will ever be.

Relamir

Back to top Go down

Post by RojikkuPirates Tue Mar 10 2015, 16:13

What about an exchange system? "I offer Robin 5*, got her twice. I want a Shanks 5* for it!"

Whats about that? The level of every character get reseted to 1 after it got exchanged. But this wouldnt change the thing with the rerolling. The only way would be, to got just "random" offers, maybe 5-10 per hour. At least, every trade contains beli as well. If you offers Hancock, and wanna an Shanks, you could put a beli price of 1.000.000.000 Beli in it, because you think, your character is more rare. But you have to pay taxes of 5% of the prices you set. You will get the 5% back, if someone will buy it. If after 24hrs noone bough it, you get your unit back and the 5% get lost. This . So you cant reroll for idk, Hancock and offer it for a crap unit, because you cant search for a specific trade partner. You are getting 5 random offers per hour. At least, you have to be pirate level 60 to use the exchange system. What do you think about that? Smile

RojikkuPirates

Back to top Go down

Post by RojikkuPirates Tue Mar 10 2015, 16:15

And for the beli trade system the random offers are good as well, noone would reroll and level to lvl 60 for a random person, which get your good unit.

RojikkuPirates

Back to top Go down

Post by Relamir Tue Mar 10 2015, 16:43

Hmm, from what I understood of what you said, the "Exchange system" would show a portion of offers of a character specifically for another.  Though you would be able to see thousands of offers regardless since the person would have to say what they want to offer and see the units offered for that character.  It might be possible to look to see what people aren't trying to trade and put up the one you are trading for that unit.

For Example:

Lets say your alt account has Boa and you want to trade it to your main

Check to see any units you own (seahorse, low minions, etc and see if anyone has any offers to trade, if none exist put up Boa for it and hurry and search for it on your main and make a quick trade.)  I mean I guess it might be unlucky if someone found it first and got it but unless people are searching for every single thing or delay for exchange is different for different people (maybe some people see it instantly and others see it half an hour later)  then it might be not as profitable but you could easily put 1.000.000.000 Beli required as well so newbies can't get it too.

It would also potentially stress servers a good bit if thousands are checking the exchange often while waiting for stamina for every unit trying to snatch up "good" deals like that.  I'll give it to you though that it will make it less appealing to reroll with the chance to lose it to some random, but unless there are lots of random delays for many people viewing it then it would be too easy to work the system some way or another. Also, keep in mind that randomizing every single trade visibility to be different for every group of player will be also server stressing if it is doing it on the fly (since if it is always set like turtle time for turtle island on JPN servers, people can know exactly when it will show up after they test it a bit with crappy trades)

Relamir

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetimelord123 Tue Mar 10 2015, 20:19

So from what I gather after reading Relamir's post, it would sort of be like an automatic exchange system like in Order and Chaos MMORPG. That certainly is a good idea, since a Boa Hancock on trade for a seahorse certainly wouldn't go unnoticed xD

Plus, as this game expands, there will be more and more people just scrolling through trade looking for the best offers, so the chances of trading to your own account is very low unless you're really fast.

I played a game before called Pokemon Omega, and they had a really good trade system. Basically they had a couple of Admins moderate trades every once in a while, and any "unreasonable" transactions that took place would be examined and the accounts could be potentially suspended if fraud was detected. This would certainly discourage RMT except more workers would be required to check on the game.

In all honesty, it would be best to take out rerolling as a whole. There's honestly no point to it, and who knows? Maybe if they stick to that account they'll eventually get many good premium gatchas. But that's a whole other topic.
Thetimelord123
Thetimelord123

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetimelord123 Wed Mar 11 2015, 13:51

Btw planning on making a player-made event sometime this week. Grand prize Vivi/Ace account. Anyone interested?

Just wanted to see the number of takers, event hasn't been thought out yet but probs gonna be a short One Piece one-shot fanfiction from all participants.

Too lazy to make a poll/new post so just gonna put here Razz
Thetimelord123
Thetimelord123

Back to top Go down

Post by RojikkuPirates Thu Mar 12 2015, 08:47

I told you, you will see just ten random offers every hours. You can't search for your friend or your second account. You have to be pirate level 80 !!!!
Who would reroll for Boa Hancock, level the hell to Pirate level 80, and then trade it for a seahorse or 1 beli for a random person???

RojikkuPirates

Back to top Go down

Post by Relamir Thu Mar 12 2015, 11:07

Who would check offers on stuff they don't want or have the trade item for?!?!?!

There is no trade system that would be even remotely beneficial if you see a total of 10 random offers every hour, with thousands if not tens of thousands of users (You could only see 240 tops a day if you didn't sleep) and lets say for example we go by what you seem to say, (not sure since you aren't clear at all) there is a way to game that system too...

Just put your main account with the following trade offers:

Trade:  111942 Beli                 Want: Boa Hancock
Trade:  111942 Beli                 Want: Whitebeard
Trade:  111942 Beli                 Want: Mihawk
Trade:  111942 Beli                 Want: Ace
Trade:  111942 Beli                 Want: Killer
Trade:  111942 Beli                 Want: Blamenco
Trade:  111942 Beli                 Want: Perona
Trade:  1 Sea Pony, 1942 Beli      Want: Shanks
ETC.....

That Beli amount can be different too for your own account so even if account names are hidden, you could put whichever amount of beli like a code or whatever you want and likely you will eventually potentially find yours in the long run at the cost of some beli due to having to put your "offer" up on a daily basis until you find it.  Btw, the level unlock also doesn't really matter, since for one, the higher it is, the less likely for there to be as many offers on there so it potentially also makes it easier to find your own.

Relamir

Back to top Go down

Post by alma91 Thu Mar 12 2015, 15:19

I don't understand, you trading 112000 Beli for a character?? how it working??
alma91
alma91

Back to top Go down

Post by Relamir Thu Mar 12 2015, 23:16

Basically I mean that in order to make an exchange work, you have to have something to Offer and something you want in exchange for the offer. The method that was being explained by RojikkuPirates was to make it so that people who look at the exchange see 5 to 10 random deals, regardless of what you even have to offer. One way to do the trade and implied by RojikkuPirates was to put a trade this way:

My Offer: Boa Hancock Want: Shanks + 1,000,000 Beli

OR

My Offer: Boa Hancock Want: 1 Beli

However, since it is random, the likelihood of ever seeing the second offer (from a rerolled account played long enough to unlock trading) on your main account is rare and you would probably lose it to the so called random. However there is a way to get around it and make it so that you don't run as high of a risk in a "random" trade to a person who sees the trade offer of Trading Boa for 1 Beli and that is to put a reverse trade. Obviously offering 1 Beli for Boa would be unlikely and more likely to be flagged by any alerts the administrators of said trade exchange would work so one could always put up the following:

My Offer: Arlong + 1,188,223 Beli Want: Boa

It would be a lot less likely to have someone else offer the exact same thing so if your rerolled account could find a trade offering that, you can probably guess it is a relatively high chance it is an offer from your own account. Thereby feeding your main account with those super rares without spending a dime.

Relamir

Back to top Go down

Post by alma91 Fri Mar 13 2015, 03:35

Okay but i don't understand how you can give me Arlong + 1,188,223 Beli ??
I'm using the Global Version and there isn't an option to trade ...

Thanks very much in advance Smile
alma91
alma91

Back to top Go down

Post by Walnootje Fri Mar 13 2015, 04:55

There is no option to trade Alma91 this is merely a suggestion. But with the abuse that can go on with the trade function it will be hard to implent this. Of course i read the suggestion of RojikkuPirates but, the random factor is already with ingame drops and the gacha pulls if you put the random factor in said exchange/trade system i don't see it will please anyone. Players already get pissed by the random factor of drops and gacha pulls if you add this to the exchange/trade too a riot will occure. Of course they can put a heavy restriction into but, like i said before then it is pretty pointless if no one will use it.

And let be serious guys Bandai will never implent a trade system cause they will lose money. They want you to spend money to get units not to trade them off for Beli/Units

They are already pretty generous with giving gems away. And alot of the strong populair units are already giving away for free (raids). That should appease the f2pers already and they shouldn't wish for more. This is of course my opinion.
Walnootje
Walnootje

Back to top Go down

Post by DayPirates Tue Mar 17 2015, 12:27

I think if trading is implemented, there will be too many of the same teams. As it is, you make do with what you have, along with farmable characters.
Of course, in that case it would require a whole slew of new specials.

I used to play a single player Capcom vs SNK card game. You can farm for say 5 A-rank cards and trade it to the game for 1 random A-rank card, or something like that. I think that's a good option other than leveling up your special (or not at all, 90% of the time...).

DayPirates

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePunchMan Tue Mar 17 2015, 15:05

This game is a collection type game. There wont be any player to player trading soon, for obvious reason: losing money.

OnePunchMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetimelord123 Wed Mar 18 2015, 21:58

I have to agree with Relamir on this.

Remember the trade can also be reversed. Instead of putting up your Boa (for one sea pony) and search for it on your main account, you could just as easily put up a sea pony and some obscure amount of Beli (eg 6668) up asking for a Boa. That way when your looking for your main account with the Rerolled Boa account, it'll be alot more easy to identify
Thetimelord123
Thetimelord123

Back to top Go down

Post by ⚓✨ V A N I T Y ✨⚓ Wed Mar 18 2015, 22:22

Guys trading or sale of any characters will never benefit the game itself. Game is a business. They need to make money to survive, so any kind of third party trading does nothing for them. In a F2P model they are already running in on fate they made a good enough game to attract players.

⚓✨ V A N I T Y ✨⚓

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosReigns Mon Mar 23 2015, 19:37

Simple solution if money is the option is to make trading a paid option.

You can make it either subscription base or per trade. One model that I'd pay for is $6.99 a month nets you premium options like double friend points, 45 min turtle time, fp nets you better drops, 25% faster stamina recharge and trading with other players and a few gems.

For pay per trade it could be implemented in such a way where you pay based on the the rarity with 5* trade being $3.99 and 6* being $4.99. If you got 6* dups it would be nice to be able to trade them away instead of burning them as fodder. The can also make it Gems based.

Another way is an auction house to be able to put your character up for trade for gems. You would like gems, but just don't have money then sell or trade that character in an auction. It can be abused sure, but Namco Bandai still get money.

A free option would be to limit it by Pirate level something like level 80 to 100 removes any chance of reroll farming. Would you really play to that level just to trade a character? Greater than 90% of the player base wouldn't.

Another free option would be to lower the pirate level requirement, but limit the ability to trade the character to 24 hours. They could Also make it so trades only happen every other day. So even if you decide to reroll you make it less attractive.

There are many ways to do it without screwing the player or themselves, just have to think outside the box.

ChaosReigns

Back to top Go down

Post by Walnootje Mon Mar 23 2015, 23:15

ChaosReigns wrote:Simple solution if money is the option is to make trading a paid option.

You can make it either subscription base or per trade. One model that I'd pay for is $6.99 a month nets you premium options like double friend points, 45 min turtle time, fp nets you better drops, 25% faster stamina recharge and trading with other players and a few gems.

For pay per trade it could be implemented in such a way where you pay based on the the rarity with 5* trade being $3.99 and 6* being $4.99. If you got 6* dups it would be nice to be able to trade them away instead of burning them as fodder. The can also make it Gems based.

-Are you serious.This is what made Rage of Bahamut become a downfall to begin with. Also it does not fix the Abuse at all

Another way is an auction house to be able to put your character up for trade for gems. You would like gems, but just don't have money then sell or trade that character in an auction. It can be abused sure, but Namco Bandai still get money.

-We do not need to give free players any more ways to free gems come on. This does not help Bandai at all. How does bandai get money with this method. They are losing more money this way.

A free option would be to limit it by Pirate level something like level 80 to 100 removes any chance of reroll farming. Would you really play to that level just to trade a character? Greater than 90% of the player base wouldn't.

-Been talk about this over and over please read. If i can get a Boa/Rayleigh or what legendary units through a reroll you can be sure folks will lvl it to that PL limit for the trade function to work over spending 300+ gems .

Another free option would be to lower the pirate level requirement, but limit the ability to trade the character to 24 hours. They could Also make it so trades only happen every other day. So even if you decide to reroll you make it less attractive.

-This does not stop the abuse so just no.

There are many ways to do it without screwing the player or themselves, just have to think outside the box.

-And your idea's pretty much screw up the player base and Bandai. You even said it can be abused but it doesnt matter if the company get money out of it. That is just a stupid logic.

Replied in bold. But serious  read the enitre thread. Most of your idea's has been talked about it over and over and it does not even fix the issue of RMT and the Abuse with rerolls.
Walnootje
Walnootje

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next