One Piece Treasure Cruise Global and Japanese Versions Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prospect on a Trade System

+8
⚓✨ V A N I T Y ✨⚓
OnePunchMan
alma91
RojikkuPirates
DayPirates
Relamir
Walnootje
Thetimelord123
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Prospect on a Trade System - Page 2 Empty Re: Prospect on a Trade System

Post by ChaosReigns Tue Mar 24 2015, 04:20

Firstly no need to be so condescending. Just adding to the thread. Ideas are Ideas, but the fact remains Namco-Bandai isn't going to implement them. Even if they did we wouldn't see it for well over a year.

Replied to your bolded anyway.

Walnootje wrote:

-Are you serious.This is what made Rage of Bahamut become a downfall to begin with. Also it does not fix the Abuse at all

-A.) Doesn't not equal B.) Even if RoB failed, doesn't mean One Piece Treasure Cruise will. There are some people who wouldn't spend $5 for only 5 gems, but may spend if they can get more value for their money. If people are re-rolling until they get a good character, they would still have to pay to trade it with that system. There are many ways they can make trades anonymous to reduce abuse.

-We do not need to give free players any more ways to free gems come on. This does not help Bandai at all. How does bandai get money with this method. They are losing more money this way.

-Even if free players get more free gems somebody has to buy those gems being traded. They don't magically come out of thin air. N-B could easily reduce the amount of free gems they give out if they have a system like this. Many mmo's allow trades like this and they are still around. Hell even WoW is considering allowing you to use in game gold to gain subscription time.

Have you ever seen how ridiculously priced things get when players control it? Whitebeard could easily sell for 50-100 gems either people will save up their gems to get him. Limiting how many times the character can be traded, can only be traded if under level 20, waiting 2 weeks to trade are all solutions that reduce abuse.

Of course you can think of ways to abuse it any system, but the object of these games is to create ways for free players to WANT to spend money. Other than supporting this game because it's fun, there's no reason for me to spend money on it. The Gatcha is too random and this is coming from someone who got all 5 V2 Strawhats, plus Ace with only 15 pulls.

-Been talk about this over and over please read. If i can get a Boa/Rayleigh or what legendary units through a reroll you can be sure folks will lvl it to that PL limit for the trade function to work over spending 300+ gems .

it took me close to 2 months to get to over pirate level 80. At most without spending any gems and or wasting stamina due to sleep, fun, work or life I'd be at high 80s low 90s. If somebody is going to spend 2 months of their lives JUST to trade 1 character.  All power to that person. That's some real determination. It would make more sense to just sell the account, which they can already currently do btw, then to level just to trade.

Add not spending any of the gems received on that except on your box, most/all event bosses beat and farmable characters got. It makes even more sense to sell or trade your account than something as stupid as leveling yourself to Plvl 80 just so you can trade one character you rolled 2 months ago.

-This does not stop the abuse so just no.

You talk of abusing the system, but isn't re-rolling until you get a good character abuse of the system? If you get a legendary there is no need to even spend any money in the game. Like i said any system can be abused, it's up to the company to figure out the best way to hinder abuse. Sure not implementing a requested feature is one way, but if 100,000 players get bored after a month or 2 of playing then what?

-And your idea's pretty much screw up the player base and Bandai. You even said it can be abused but it doesnt matter if the company get money out of it. That is just a stupid logic.

-It doesn't screw the player base as there is no pvp in this game. Having good characters only effects me. It's PVE through and through. Once I can't beat content because the Gatcha hasn't been nice to me, do you think I'm going to spend MORE money? No, I'll just quit. If I can spend money to increase the odds of getting the character that I want I'd rather that option.

The object of these types of games is to promote people to spend money. Brave Frontier does this well, even without trading. They fixed the problem with dupes by having trials that make it easier if you have a dupe of a powerful character. I have friends who have sunk $100s(I personally have only spent $5) just to get good characters even dupes. The way rate ups are done are just far better, with bonus pulls or even the featured character being given after 3-10 pulls. With this game I could spend $1000 and still not get the character I want or get 5 dupes of a character I can only use 1 of. It's actually surprising this game is moving up the ranks so quickly considering how illogical it is to spend money for the Gatcha, but maybe they are using the money for stamina refills. *shrugs*

This thread is about trading. Are there other ways to solve the Gatcha problem? Yep, but that isn't what this thread is about. Even if it's not a good Idea it still solves part of the problem that is causing players to already quit or that will quit eventually because of it.

I find the game fun, but after watching many videos of players rolling, re-rolling, using the gatcha even with a rate up and getting nothing in return. It would be hard to convince me to spend money just to roll on the Gatcha. Rolling for a character is fun, but spending real money in Gems and not getting even one good character is shitty no matter how you look at it. Especially when gems aren't cheap.

I could have easily agreed and even went as far as to say that trading isn't needed in this game. Most, if not ALL of the content can be beaten without using the Gatcha even once, but I decided to argue for trading since everyone seems so against it. At the end of the day? It's not going to happen. It's just a fun thread with a fun idea. Also, I did read the thread and felt to add my 2 cents anyway. It's not like the thread is moving fast.

ChaosReigns

Back to top Go down

Post by DayPirates Wed Mar 25 2015, 14:01

another thing...not sure if any of you collect those carddass battle cards or any other CCG such as magic...

but if you buy a box of boosters, I think you're always guaranteed a fixed number of rares, super rares, and whatever above that. Feels like OTPC is quite reliant on pure RNG, and all boosters are mixed together, so sometimes you'd have to wait for sugofests

Converting real cards to OTPC, you'd get, for example

Real cards:
$37 for 20 packs, says 14 rares, 4 super rares, and 2 omega rares...and more common/uncommons then you'll ever want (just like our friend pulls)

OTPC:
$37 for 60 gems(12 pulls). You could potentially get 12 craps or 6 really good cards or whatever

I guess one thing is at this moment, a lot of gatchas are farmable, so it's a sucky feeling when you pull a 3* kuro or even a 5* gear 2 luffy, and you probably wouldn't be finding four Sanji's in a row when you open a real box of boosters.

It should get better as they add more gatcha-only characters (without diluting it too much with newer crappy 3* farmables), and separating more raid(farm)-only characters.

So one solution? As the poster above mentioned, have a bonus for a "box" of pulls. If you do 10 rare gatchas in one pull, maybe gaurantee you one 5* and one 4* (or one of the intended series you're looking for), and the rest are up to RNG. Something like that

DayPirates

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetimelord123 Wed Mar 25 2015, 22:01

@ChaosReigns Really appreciate your opinion. It's a really reasonable argument and offers much insight. As you've stated, this is just a discussion thread, but hopefully as this forum and OPTC becomes more popular, a trade option will be considered.

@Walnootje Please refrain from using such a provocative tone, even if you do disagree with the opinion. I understand why you would feel that way about the trade system, as it is unfair and can be abused. But is there anyway to prevent that?

@DayPirates Didn't know they sell Real cards to get you in-game benefits. Is this only in Japan at the moment or already Global?

So here's an interesting idea. What do you guys think about limiting the characters that can be traded? Say, if Boa or Master Z are not tradeable, or in Order and Chaos terms, "bound". Even without exclusive 24-hour characters, do you think a trade system would still be functionable?
Thetimelord123
Thetimelord123

Back to top Go down

Post by Me Thu May 07 2015, 20:51

Up. 
I am considering this option to put a Section in the Forum for Trading/Buying OPTC Account but i need more suggestions.
Members, have your say.

^^
Me
Me
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by mraqibr Thu May 07 2015, 21:14

-
mraqibr
mraqibr