One Piece Treasure Cruise Global and Japanese Versions Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What type of team should I go for?

+3
⚓✨ V A N I T Y ✨⚓
Luong
crocoboy97
7 posters

Go down

What type of team should I go for? Empty What type of team should I go for?

Post by crocoboy97 Thu Mar 12 2015, 18:30

A lot of people say a Dex team is really good, however people also say the slasher Arlong has the most attack in the game and it's necessary to make him the captain for slashing teams. I got Chef Zeff, Alvida(I have her at level 35 and just need to get her to 50 to evolve her), Pound Phoenix Zoro (Level 27 also have all materials), a Usopp Golden Pound, Kuro of a Hundred Plans, and MH5 Don Krieg.

I'm currently trying to farm Arlong to be my new captain(Since it fits the slashers I have), as mine is currently bazooka Luffy.

My question is: What should I be going for? I'm pretty confused, but I'm only going for Arlong because of what I've read and the fact that my Zoro and Kuro are here. I some how got Zeff on my first try, but I just don't know what to do. Fighter, Slasher, or Dex?

crocoboy97

Back to top Go down

What type of team should I go for? Empty Re: What type of team should I go for?

Post by Luong Fri Mar 13 2015, 01:14

You might want to post a picture of your full roster so we can give you a full analysis.

As you currently only have Zeff as Captain, I would start there and friend a Zeff to get the 6.25x attack bonus until you get an Arlong. Fighter crew should be Zeff, Luffy, Sanji (I assume you have him if you are farming Arlong), Usopp, and plug whichever fighter you have left.

Once you get an Arlong then I would work on the slasher crew as you have good slashers. You can keep leveling Zoro because he is good for dex and slasher crew.

Dex crew is good for the upcoming Kuro event but as of now you don't seem to have the character to build than. The best dex crew right now is Asura Zoro, Smoker, Green Chopper, Zeff/Hachi, and Usopp

So focus on fighter then switch to slasher. They are the easiest to build and will run through most of the events right now. You can worry about building specialize team such as dex, str, int, etc, once your crew become stronger and you add more characters.
Luong
Luong

Back to top Go down

Post by crocoboy97 Fri Mar 13 2015, 16:17

I'm trying to post my imgur links on here linking my team and character box, but it's telling me I have to be a member for 7 days or something.

crocoboy97

Back to top Go down

Post by ⚓✨ V A N I T Y ✨⚓ Fri Mar 13 2015, 16:29

Stop farming arlong. 100% not worth it if you already got zeff. Just level up your luffy, and sanji. Then add one more strong fighter ace would be good if you got him. Note there's an Arlong event coming after the Kuro event.

⚓✨ V A N I T Y ✨⚓

Back to top Go down

Post by crocoboy97 Fri Mar 13 2015, 16:39

I'm not too familiar with the events, will it let me get Arlong? And why should I go for Zeff, I heard slasher teams are the strongest? I got Zeff on my first try, but I have other units like a Pound Zoro that I'm ready to evolve once it hits 50 to Asura and a Alvida that is also in the same situation. I just read that Alvida is a good damage reducer and Zoro works well under Arlong's boost. Thoughts?

crocoboy97

Back to top Go down

Post by alma91 Fri Mar 13 2015, 18:42

Slasher boost is X4 ----- Zeff Boost is X 6,25
So i think that Zeff is better and there is a strong Fighter for any attribute
so you can change members of the crew in basic of the situation/quest.
Slasher team is more difficult to create because the best slashers are very rare
For example: Kuro, Arlong, Tashigi, Mr3 and Shanks ecc... ecc...

So my advice for you is to create a Fighter Crew because is easier to create
infact i have a Zeff fighter and i haven't any problem against any boss/stage i defeat without difficult alvida and Smoker of Logue Town ...
alma91
alma91

Back to top Go down

Post by Relamir Fri Mar 13 2015, 22:12

Basically Arlong will soon be just a crew member as long as you can get yourself a team to beat Mihawk. His Captain ability will be 2.5x so any slasher team after Mihawk for the ones able, will be able to match Fighter Teams bonus wise.

Farming is annoying though since if you are lucky you can get it quickly, and if you aren't then you will be frustrated.

If Arlong event really is going to be after Kuro then yea you probably should wait for that since you can get tons of drops of Arlong from that I'm sure with a fighter team built around Sanji

Relamir

Back to top Go down

Post by alma91 Sat Mar 14 2015, 05:48

guys you are sure of the arlong island?? Because i haven't read it in the official blog Sad
alma91
alma91

Back to top Go down

Post by crocoboy97 Sat Mar 14 2015, 05:50

I SOMEHOW got Arlong in 20 something tries, I lucked out apparently as people have been farming him hundreds of times and no avail. So now I have an Arlong almost level 20, a Hundred Kuro, Bazooka Luffy as the captain because cost too high for Arlong still, Alvida(Fat one trying to evolve her), Golden Hammer Usopp, and a Zoro that im close to evolving to Asura.

Yeah, I just found out about Mihawk's evolved version giving 2.5x to slashers making him the best, but you're completely right on the Enraged Arlong as a crewmember..

Do you think I'm building my team correctly?

Also, I read that Tashigi is better than Kuro, but Kuro has more hit points. I asked someone and they said they prefer Tashigi because her special is a nuke and Kuro's is an AOE.

crocoboy97

Back to top Go down

Post by ESTEBANX Sat Mar 14 2015, 06:52

I can give you my personal opinion as a tashigiuser: she is my second lowest damaged, so I only use her later when she got her orb. Nevertheless the RCV is nice and the nuke instantly kills Alvida. I guess, that's pretty niche, but it helps a lot.

ESTEBANX

Back to top Go down

Post by Relamir Sat Mar 14 2015, 11:11

Arlong Island is speculation actually, since it might not come soon but could possibly do so, other ones that might come first would be Don Krieg, Morgan (Unlikely since he probably will be after Mihawk as his card number is after Mihawk), and Smoker (Also unlikely as it also will unlock Biker Smoker which for one has crazy requirements to evolve and also his card number is after Master Sergeants Coby/Helmeppo)

So my best guess is we would have a 50% chance that it will be Arlong after Kuro.

I do however think you might as well keep farming Arlong for those that havent gotten him yet at least on the half stamina days since you can gain your pirate level exp much faster that way in preparation for more consecutive Mihawk runs.  Gotta get at least 60 for 2 consecutive 30 STA runs and not sure if possible but 90 for 3 consecutive, unless you have a crazy beast team and would need 80 for 2 consecutive 40 Mihawk runs)

Heck I'm currently doing Arlong Park even though I have him already + a little Alvida to level my Plvl faster and plan on doing Loguetown at half stamina even after I find him (No luck all of yesterday)

Btw, I personally would use Tashigi over Kuro because the best loot comes from Boss Event Islands and 24 Hr Raid bosses which with the exception of Don Flamingo (has 2 of him though you wouldnt either of them on him anyways) so there probably would be more use in keeping Zoro for the AoE and Arlong + Tashigi for the tactical sniping especially since you need to wait between each attack for Kuro. Also, typically 600 HP likely won't help as much as being able to take out the threat much faster as most bosses do well over 1k per hit.

I do think you should get them both up to max since you do probably want to have the option of swapping your slasher team around (that is the benefit of Slasher/Fighter teams) to match the bosses

For Example

Against Alvida > Kuro + Tashigi
Against Kuro > Hachi + Zoro
Against Don Krieg > Vivi + Shanks (If you were lucky to get him)

Having more than 1 that can do higher damage can lead to a huge difference in total damage vs normal damage in a combo attack.

Relamir

Back to top Go down

Post by crocoboy97 Sun Mar 15 2015, 12:03

Hmm interesting. Now I got Enraged Arlong from rare recruit somehow, so my team goes like this.

Cap - Enraged Arlong
Helper - Another Enraged Arlong
Asura Zoro soon to be
Golden Hammer Usopp
Kuro of a hundred plans
Purple Crab cuz I don't have enough cost space for anyone else yet

I also do have Don Krieg, his evolved form, and I have Alvida almost evolved which I want to replace my crab on the team.

I guess I'll also try to get Tashigi instead of Kuro

Does that comp seem good, though?

crocoboy97

Back to top Go down

Post by Relamir Sun Mar 15 2015, 13:27

It seems rather good to me. As I posted before though if you are going to seriously go Slasher team, you should keep both Kuro and Tashigi as even later on there wont be all that many QCK slashers until Rob Lucci which probably won't come out for a while and even then if you end up against a Force boss and want to use slasher you could still go:

Mihawk
Kuro
Tashigi
Rob Lucci
Zoro/Arlong/Usopp

I know that I will eventually get all those slashers myself as long as I am able to

Relamir

Back to top Go down

Post by crocoboy97 Sun Mar 15 2015, 13:35

Thanks for the info.

I think a damage reducer is needed though, right? (Alvida, etc)

Yeah, I'll try to get Mihawk for sure, is my team good enough for him though?

Also, I'm struggling to level up my characters, where do I get the turtles, like where is the best place I could farm them?

crocoboy97

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Prince Sun Mar 15 2015, 14:33

Thats Baratie 4 or the Elite Stage of the Event Isle. Greetings.
Mr. Prince
Mr. Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Relamir Mon Mar 16 2015, 12:05

Arlong's last stage is decent for turtles too, though it is 1 random colored turtle on half stamina day due to the fact that you get crazy XP and also chances for more cola for your ship upgrading. I did most of a day's worth and got 3 turtles 1 Red, 1 Purple, 1 Yellow and ~9 cola with 1 and a half levels though I did waste a bit of stamina due to oversleeping on the weekend. Afterall, we do need to get that Merry Go up to 10 eventually for the 1.5x ATK boost

Best place will still be Event island as the drop rate is higher.

Relamir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down